Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
I'm planning on getting a FMIC, but not sure which. I plan on keeping my stock twins, so I originally was just going to get hard pipes. I'd rather just go for the kit. I have a $1500 budget. Can anyone give me some ideas which intercooler to go with? Thanks!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PictureMeRollin said:
Alright,
I'm planning on getting a FMIC, but not sure which. I plan on keeping my stock twins, so I originally was just going to get hard pipes. I'd rather just go for the kit. I have a $1500 budget. Can anyone give me some ideas which intercooler to go with? Thanks!
One really good one for upgrade also stock twins would be the Greddy 3row, it runs around $1250 to $1300, also you should invest into a ebc if you don't have one.

2 RIP

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the greddy 3-row and I'm happy with it. I would get better silicon connectors and t-bolt clamps if you plan on running high boost. I broke 2 of my greddy clamps when I was tightening them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: FMIC Help!

2 RIP said:

One really good one for upgrade also stock twins would be the Greddy 3row, it runs around $1250 to $1300, also you should invest into a ebc if you don't have one.

2 RIP
This is good advice. BTW, The better clamps can be found at Home Depot or auto parts stores.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
GReddy 3Row all the way. You can upgrade the pipe to single in the future if needed. Full complete hard pipe kit with it too.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the 3-row is the way to go. Would the 4-row hinder performance on the stock twins? And what did you mean by upgarding the piping later on? I guess the piping that comes w/ the 3-row would not be large enogh for a single turbo car? Thanks for all the quick responses guys!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
4Row is better of a drag only car pushing tremendous amounts of HP. You also lose your AC. The single turbo pipe is a pipe that you can buy later and still use the same intercooler. It is the pipe the comes over the intake, this one will be switched when you go single turbo.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PictureMeRollin said:
Sounds like the 3-row is the way to go. Would the 4-row hinder performance on the stock twins? And what did you mean by upgarding the piping later on? I guess the piping that comes w/ the 3-row would not be large enogh for a single turbo car? Thanks for all the quick responses guys!
yeah, the3-row is great for upgrade single turbo also, the problem w/ 4row is that you have to remove your front bumper reinforcement bar.

2 RIP

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How come nobody ever consider the BLITZ FMIC?? Its my favorite one.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep the Apex FMIC in mind. I had mine when I was on the twins and it was great and it still works great with a single. You dont have to relocate any lines or anything and its cheap. The only downside is the lack of full hard pipes but if you are staying with the stock twins you wont need hard pipes. Hell, I've got the stock rubber pipe goin into the throttle body still and it works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts