Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant seem to fuguer out how to get the front bumper off to do this. is there a thread on intercooler install or something. i need to get this installed by friday and i have the parts just cant get the bumper off or anything! any help or links are great! thanks guy!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. so do i just take of the plastic guards under the bumper and just slide it up or how did u do it. i was told i should take off the the bumper but if its easier to do it like that than i would!

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
What intercooler kit do you have? You will definetly have to take the lower plastics off. Depending on the IC routing you will have to trim some of the plastic off the lower pan cover to go around the pipes as they route up into the engine bay. The front plastic under piece you will probably just leave off.
MKIV.com has a link or 2 on FMIC install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok. so do i just take of the plastic guards under the bumper and just slide it up or how did u do it. i was told i should take off the the bumper but if its easier to do it like that than i would!
Make life easier on yourself. Do it right, Just take the bumper off . In fact, You might as well leave it off til the project is done.
Youll need the extra room to work. And it wont be the only time youll need to get under there.
Trust me , I know that 1st time taking the bumper off is a bitch. I took close to 2 hours the first time. But now it takes 10 minutes..
-Good luck

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
there are like 4 clips under the rubber molding going across top of bumper. There are 2 10mm nuts on upper edge of the bumper to fender mount points. one is to side of the headlight (HL must be removed) and the other needs to be accessed from the wheel well. Assuming you get those on each side, and the clips across the top, and remove the underbody panel. it pops right off.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
If you cant get the bumper off id suggest going on mkiv.com and taking a good look at the Manual. Once you located all the screws holding it on then get to it. First step would be to remove your headlights.

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Definetly take the bumper off to do it.. its not that hard and to mount top brackets will be wayy easier with it out of the way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts