Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got the greddy 3row for my car for xmas :D. Ive helped install the hks type s fmic and that was pretty easy but time consuming. I was just wondering if the greddy install is basically the same and if you guys have any tips to make things easier. Thanks again.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
balticMKIV said:
Hey guys just got the greddy 3row for my car for xmas :D. Ive helped install the hks type s fmic and that was pretty easy but time consuming. I was just wondering if the greddy install is basically the same and if you guys have any tips to make things easier. Thanks again.
1. You may need a smaller battery if you install the overflow tank next to the tray, I ended up buying a 35-84 size.

2. Keep the cardboard on the FMIC when installing so you don't screw up the fins.

3. The power steering bracket mounts to the metal brace that runs underneath the front of where the driver side headlight goes, towards the side.

4. The bracket for mounting the AC sight glass and white plastic hood release is for a JDM car, it will work for the AC sight glass, but you won't be able to mount the hood release.

5. The AC discharge lines were a pain in the ass, the Greddy instructions were not too clear at all. You need to move both lines down about 2". The bracket mounts on the inside of the subframe rail. The thinner of the 2 AC lines will mount to this. I used one of the brackets I removed to mount the larger AC line onto the Greddy bracket, I had to cut a metal tab off the end.

6. If you think you will ever want to use T-bolt clamps do it now. I used 7 of P/N 705-1532 and 7 of 705-1534, you can buy them at NAPA (only in boxes of 5 if they have to order) for about $2.70ea.

I took some pics of the install, e-mail me if you want them.

Just be patient, and figure on at least a full day working slowly and carefully.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys one quick question. in my car there is a small fan that is in front of the radiator. I was wondering what it is and will i still be using it when i install the fmic? On the car that i helped install the type s there was no fan but there is on mine.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
balticMKIV said:
hey guys one quick question. in my car there is a small fan that is in front of the radiator. I was wondering what it is and will i still be using it when i install the fmic? On the car that i helped install the type s there was no fan but there is on mine.
Is your car an automatic? There was no fan in front of the radiator on my 6 speed, although there is a small fan behind the radiator.

Did you get English or Japanese instructions? Mine were in English, they didn't show anything about a fan.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my car is an automatic. The parts are being shipped as we speak so ill have to get back to you on the instructions.

S

·
0 Posts
Consider the PS cooler relocator optional. It really isn't necessary unless you will be road racing in high temps. In this case it is recommended to use the greddy PS line inconjunction will the stock one, or get a better high performance PS fluid cooler. The greddy one isnt that great.

I think all of the brackets were for a Japanese spec Supra! None of them work quite right...unless they have updated their kit for Aspec cars. For the 2 AC lines I used the greddy bracket fastened over on the side by the washer tank. For the other, I just put a 2" or so metal sleeve over a longer screw to extend it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts