Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FMIC with the input/output on the seperate sides,unlike the stocker. I was wondering if anyone has done piping for an IC like this while having the stock (i.e. non-front facing) intake manifold. I'm probably going to run the upper pipe to the right hand side end tank,but I'm not to sure exactly how to route the lower pipe. Would it be harmfull to run the piping in an S like manor?

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
when i bought my supra it had IC pipes made from i think exhaust piping..with the stock 3000 pipe....the piping was welded on to the 3000pipe..due to high boost that the hose dont Pop out..it was run straight to the fender and down to the fender hole with a STOCK ic hose to the spearco IC..

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
drjonez said:
all you're doing is destroying throttle response by adding MORE piping to the 7M's piping labyrinth....

Honestly how much diff could the extra piping make? Esp if someone is running higher boost?
Just curious.

But IMO a little lag never hurt anyone. lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running atleast 10psi,and I wouldn't honestly add that much more to the piping. If you think about it,I'll be adding on the lower side,but removing piping from the upper side. Instead of going out the fender,I'll be routing it through the stock air intake location. The intercooler is much larger the stock aswell,and it runs 2.5" piping. 18" length,5" width and 5" hight pretty beefy compared to the stocker.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I know people have done it here. What have been their experiences? 100-200 rpm lag diff maybe? tops?

Just curious. Its not like we are dealing with big turbos here. But then again we arent dealing with a big redline either.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
do a search and you'll find out some threads about how to run the piping....i just bought a FMIC as well and is oppsite ends and i'm gonna make my own bends for the piping....i think the driver side end tank will go to my turbo side and intake will be left...i think a 180 degree bend, then a straight and a 90 will make it fit...yea running with extended pipes would increase lag but i tihnk the IC will make up for since there will be less heat soak...

BTW my IC is 25x12x3 with 2.5 inlet/outlet i can't wait till i get it to install

·
Registered
520 Posts
i have a side to side flow IC setup and the stock manifold. i thought it was fine until i got a ride in a car with a front facing intake manifold and the throtle response was like night and day. it may only spool a few hundred rpms but it felt a lot different. its kind of pointless to do a side to side flow IC with the stock intake manifold because the benefits are mitigated by all the extra piping and bends and what not. someone said the Ic will balance the lag out but isnt that counter productive? that would put you right back were you started from. Anyway IMO (and from my own personal experience) a side to side flow IC is probably not the best route with the stock intake manifold.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
itr206 said:
Honestly how much diff could the extra piping make? Esp if someone is running higher boost?
Just curious.

But IMO a little lag never hurt anyone. lol.
It's not much difference... maybe a half a second? :dunno:

Not a big deal if you ask me. :sadwavey:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts