Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but I didn't get any answers. Just this is better than that type stuff. Anyway, I plan on making a 800rwhp car. What fmic will flow enough to support that?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If i may add to this question...
What is the differance between a 3 row FMIC and a 4 row FMIC?

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
-SuPrA sInGh- said:
Size..the 4 row has a significantly thicker core. Plus the piping is larger diameter and is routed through the car differently. The 4 row goes straight down after the turbo, not through the side firewall like the 3 row.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
-SuPrA sInGh- said:
a 4-row has an additional heat exchanger (proper term?) inside of it.. it is bigger (thicker and taller) than a 3-row, hence it has a larger pressure-drop.

The 4-row FMIC also has straighter & Shorter piping.. instead of going through the fender, it goes straight up. :)

a 3-row is plenty. But a 4-row would be nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, SO after reading more I guess the 4 row is good for power in the 1000's. Now, what is the diameter on the piping going to the TB?

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
The ADFX FMIC works great for me. It a tad larger then the 4-row though, but cheaper in price.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
MK4LIFE said:
The ADFX FMIC works great for me. It a tad larger then the 4-row though, but cheaper in price.
i have read that ADFX is having a little bit of problems . some one said there is some very negative comments about them that have comeup recently on the aem mailing list.

one person said on another forum "alls I can say right now is don't expect anything you order to come very quickly. you might be waiting for six months or so"

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Ranger498 said:
i have read that ADFX is having a little bit of problems . some one said there is some very negative comments about them that have comeup recently on the aem mailing list.

one person said on another forum "alls I can say right now is don't expect anything you order to come very quickly. you might be waiting for six months or so"
they had 1 group buy and few months back that got a little out of hand as their aluminum supplier was having a hard time keeping up with the quantity. I know from personal experience and 3yrs of shopping there that they have been great since i've been going there. I don't let just anyone touch my supra either, as they had it for a few months working on it.

Obviously with EVERY shop there are people with bad experiences, SP, MVP, everyone has them. :D

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
IGGYWOOWOO said:
So is the adfx intercooler more resistant to road dings than the greddy 3 row?
not anymore resistant that the normal intercooler. if there was such a thing as a dingless intercooler i'd have that sucker.

But buy a pair of baby pliers and straighten out those fins, my intercooler still looks new cause i do that.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
whobob said:
How about the ADFX smaller intercooler compared to the 3-row?
I had the standard ADFX intercooler on my car when it was BPU and it was fine. I know many people with the standard ADFX intercooler and its very comparable to a 3 row or 4 row.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts