Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a set of focal poly-K 165K's... anybody have any experience with these speakers in general or with installing them in the front doors?.. help would be appreciated... brian

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I don't have the 165's but I do have the 130K's in my car and they sound absolutely great!!

The 165's come with the 6.5" and the 130's have the 5-1/8" - I still haven't installed the other set on the doors but should be doing so next weekend.... Good luck with your install... I am sure you will like the sound quality :)

P

·
0 Posts
I'm looking into getting Polyglass 165v, I've checked the dimensions of the speaker and I think its too deep. There is a slimline version which is 2 3/8" deep as opposed to the 2 7/8" normal depth.

kirkMKIV, I'd be interested to know how you mounted your focals.

Cheers

Geoff

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
The 130K's are not too deep to go on the doors - I don't have them in the doors yet but will try to do so this weekend. I don't know about the 165K's

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill build up a trim ring if i need to... thanks

E

·
0 Posts
Focal speakers are good quality in general (tweeters are a bit harsh, but other than that, they are great). For some odd reason, they really perform great when matched with Zapco amplifiers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They are nice and they are on blowout sale right now since the P2K's are out. If you can get the latest Polykevlars, go for it. So far the have been much better then Utopias in sound department.

·
Registered
219 Posts
He is right. Focals and Zapcos just have a lot of love for each other. Same thing goes for mating McIntoch with Dynaudios. Just some of those magic combinations proven with time.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Just wondering because I run a zapco amp and focal mids/highs

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got the poly k set so cheap i had to buy them... $350 new

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Install them yet? I have mine on my kick panels, still need to find time to install the other sets on the door/dash

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
havent installed them yet but i want them in by Christmas... i just dont have any time...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts