Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a set of focal poly-K 165K's... anybody have any experience with these speakers in general or with installing them in the front doors?.. help would be appreciated... brian

·
Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
I don't have the 165's but I do have the 130K's in my car and they sound absolutely great!!

The 165's come with the 6.5" and the 130's have the 5-1/8" - I still haven't installed the other set on the doors but should be doing so next weekend.... Good luck with your install... I am sure you will like the sound quality :)

G

·
I'm looking into getting Polyglass 165v, I've checked the dimensions of the speaker and I think its too deep. There is a slimline version which is 2 3/8" deep as opposed to the 2 7/8" normal depth.

kirkMKIV, I'd be interested to know how you mounted your focals.

Cheers

Geoff

·
Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
The 130K's are not too deep to go on the doors - I don't have them in the doors yet but will try to do so this weekend. I don't know about the 165K's

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill build up a trim ring if i need to... thanks

G

·
Focal speakers are good quality in general (tweeters are a bit harsh, but other than that, they are great). For some odd reason, they really perform great when matched with Zapco amplifiers.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got the poly k set so cheap i had to buy them... $350 new

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
havent installed them yet but i want them in by Christmas... i just dont have any time...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.