Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin about getting Focal Uptopia's the whole way around in my car. They're supposedly the best you can get and for the price they better be. I was just wondering if anyone has heard them before? Custom sounds didn't have theirs plugged in when i went by.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I HAVE heard of them, but I would stick with somebody with more of a reputation like Orion, Audiobahn or MA audio. Check out my site, I can get whatever you want from any of them and more. :) What isnt seen there is still availaible apon request. W/B if you want a great deal on any type of system.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by rifter 93TT:
<STRONG>I'm thinkin about getting Focal Uptopia's the whole way around in my car. They're supposedly the best you can get and for the price they better be. I was just wondering if anyone has heard them before? Custom sounds didn't have theirs plugged in when i went by.</STRONG>

Hi Matt,

Focal speaker are very high quality but you should always listen to them first since speakers are a very personal taste.
To say that Focal's reputation is less than Orion etc. is simply wrong. Focal speakers are used in some of the world's most expensive home loudspeakers (JM Lab, Wilson to name a few).

Flavio

·
651 Posts
The midbass than is used in the Utopia is the exact driver that is used in Focal's $25,000 set of home speakers.

To say that they do not have a "good reputation" is what I would expect from a person attempting to sell products through the internet.

You can not purchase Focal speakers LEGITIMATELY, with warranty, from an authorized dealer through the internet.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey sorry to give out the wrong vibe here...
I never said that Focal's were bad speakers or that they had a bad reputation. I just have not personally heard of them in car audio... I was just trying to make a comparison between companys that have been know for car audio and Focal. I do second the fact that speakers are a matter of taste and that you should hear them first, that is why I made the "reputation" comment about Focal. I dont deny that I am trying to sell products online, but I am also trying to do people a service. I don't get Focal, but I can get great prices on some of the best names in Car Audio like Xtant and Audiobahn to name a few. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope my opinion won't unsettle anyone again. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.. I think I'm gonna cruise down to SanAntonio tomorrow and swing by Thomas's shop. He said he'd be happy to demo the Focal speakers for me and show me some other options for my car stereo. Maybe he can even cut me a sweet deal... *nudges Thomas* :) I'm hoping to get a system that'll make my ears bleed and my heart skip beats. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No you didn't miss me. I couldn't make it down on Sunday. Wasn't feeling well so I didn't make any effort to drive to SA. I'll give you a ring before I come down though.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by DiscountMobilElectronics:
<STRONG>Hey sorry to give out the wrong vibe here...
I never said that Focal's were bad speakers or that they had a bad reputation. I just have not personally heard of them in car audio... I was just trying to make a comparison between companys that have been know for car audio and Focal. I do second the fact that speakers are a matter of taste and that you should hear them first, that is why I made the "reputation" comment about Focal. I dont deny that I am trying to sell products online, but I am also trying to do people a service. I don't get Focal, but I can get great prices on some of the best names in Car Audio like Xtant and Audiobahn to name a few. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope my opinion won't unsettle anyone again. :)</STRONG>
sorry buddy, a salesman on this forum is very annoying..for anyone asking questions about car audio - do you honestly think Audiobahn is one of the best brands around??? if the case you havnt heard shit..probably dont know shit. i've been building setups for 5 years now and i know enough whats sounds good and what wont ..typical salesman only mentions brands you stock, and disregards anything else, thats no service

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've heard Audiobahn's speakers and I personaly think they suck complete ass. If I wanted a crap stereo I'd drive over to Best Buy and have their crack stereo team install one for me. Speakers are also something I would never buy over the internet simply because I would never buy a speaker I havent heard for myself. I've heard excellent things about the Focal speakers but wouldn't even think about buying a set until I'd heard em.

P.S. - Speaking of Best Buy... I went over there a while back to ask about getting a Rockford amp installed to power my stock speakers to give em a little more *umph*. The salesman called their install bay on the little red phone to talk to the installers, turned to me and asked if my car was a twin turbo. I said yes and he told the installer on the phone. He then asked if the installers could drive my car around the block a few times. I laughed directly in his face, told him to blow me, and walked out of the store. The moral of this story? Dont take your nice sports car to best buy. You'll certainly get it back with quite a few more miles on it than when you dropped it off.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I guess I'm wrong for trying to help people out... I am guilty of trying to sell my stock, but I have never had rude responses posted about what I'm doing. I really dont even stock Audiobahn. My distributors just have good prices on them, and I have had requests for their subwoofers. I know that Audiobahn isn't one of the BEST brands around but I have heard 2 AWT10's that blew away 2 RF DVC 10's. I personally don't like the sound of most of Rockford Fosgate systems, I would take MTX over them any day. But alot of people like their sound so I get them on request. I have been involved in Car Audio for almost 4 years so I know what sounds good and doesn't too. I'm not disregarding the fact that Focal Utopia's might be the best car speakers ever. I just don't have them and can't afford them. And what I do or will carry I believe to be as good or better than most anything you can get at Best-Buy or your local car audio shops. I do however totally agree that you should listen to anything you are planning on buying. But after you have listened to it why pay the markup from the store, when the same product is much cheaper on the Internet??? Just my opinion of how I AM doing a service...
:)

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: DiscountMobilElectronics ]

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't get Focal, but I can get great prices on some of the best names in Car Audio like Xtant and Audiobahn to name a few.
I know that Audiobahn isn't one of the BEST brands around
uhm... yeah...

I'm not tryin to rag on you dude. I just dont trust anything I haven't heard with my own ears. I think its great that someone does offer discount car audio electronics on the internet. I have a lot of friends that dont spend as much on their cars as I do that would love to order stuff from you. I'm just sayin its not my style. I trust what I can see, touch, and hear. And on some frontiers... taste. :) Mmmm this amp tastes like... metal.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK...No problem I understand. But If you or your buddies are interested then dont forget to ask. :)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Audiobahn brand are ok speakers good for basic upgrades but not for really good high quality stuff! there amps where ok also not the best stuff out but better than pyramid and priced rather cheap so there ok !

DiscountMobilElectronics why not post specials and stuff also when people here ask you for prices you should reply to them here so every one can see how good of a deal it is !

again post some deals here on the buy sell section and i dont think you deserve to be disrespected also guess some times we guys just get carried away!

·
651 Posts
Matt,
Hey, when you come down I'll show this Audiobahn sub that I pulled out of a customer's car.

I will have to pull it out of the ditch behind the store to show it to you but, I would love to point out a couple things on their subs that you most definetely will not see on any other subwoofer.

We did a "gravity experiment" with it out back.

It passed. "Pulled" like it had a T-78 hooked up to it all the way to impact!

The things I do for amusement....

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

1 - 16 of 16 Posts