Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a little problem with my headlights being unclear/foggy they dont really affect the HID's but they just look like hell. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it without taking them apart and wetsanding?

· Registered
559 Posts
i sanded mine with 1500 wet, then 2000 wet sand. Then used 3M rubbing compound, plastic rubbing compoud, cleaner, then polish. I've done it by hand and with a buffer. Works great.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used that headlight cleaner stuff and it worked I think for about 2 weeks then it all came back, I was going to use the wetsanding and cleaner and polishing as a last resort, but I guess I'll have to. I would LOVE to have the black housing headlights on MVP's site but I dont got 800 dollars to spend on headlights lol anyone know of someone selling 97/98 style headlights for less than 600?

· Game Over
1,767 Posts
If you were to wetsand them, and then buff out the small scratches, clear coat them so it'll shouldn't really yellow again. Xvelocity, mentioned that majority of clear coats have UV blockers that should help keep the lenses clear. But if its condensation however, Its probably the seals.

· Spools VERY Slow
741 Posts
Mine were real bad foggy. I took them out, took em apart, buffed them with plastic polish compound, sealed them and haven't had it fog (Been about 6 months).

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I might be interested in the ones for 300 dollars as long as their crystal clear I wouldn't mind having a pair to match the 95 tails I got but beggers cant be choosers it just seems like a lot to have all that work to unfog headlights but it definatly needs it, it all depends on how much all this work I'm having done is going to run me I guess. Seems like everyones had the same issue lol, kinda funny.

· Registered
1,044 Posts
put a lens protector vinyl on/ Helps protect from oxidation. I get mine from Rvinyl.com .. ugly as heck intiially due to the trap bubbles but gets better once it sits for a while.

· Banned
2,465 Posts
Curt @ Elmhurst ... buy new ones - or sell the Supra if you can't even afford new headlights!

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's not even that, I just put 5k in the motor and dont know how much it's going to cost to have it all done right after dynoing and tuning and whatever else it still needs, there is a bit of a money issue going on right now and 800 dollars for headlights which I already have is just pointless, but hey what do I know lol.

· Registered
319 Posts
My 97 lights became foggy, I had them cleaned but after a couple of months it happened again. I just bought the glass ones and 8 years later the glass are still clear as the first day I got them. The plastic ones will always get foggy unless the car stays inside and only drives at night.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.