Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
I wouldn't run engine coolant thru it. I would run a complete separate cooling system for it. An electric waterpump with a cooler mounted up front of the car.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly man if i had the extra money right now i would install it and test it both ways while recording intake air temps... if it worked that would be amazing

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how would it work on daily drivers? anyone actually seen a water to air intercooler on a supra? anyone willing to try it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
mountable anywhere else? this could really shorten up IC piping and get great throttle response
heck if yuou didn't have temp you could run 2 battle switches there... one for the pump and one for electric fans that mount on the radiator just for that... you could get in and turn both switches on and let the system cool even while sitting still

·
Just some newb.
1,327 Posts
Mount it out front where the stock ic was. Remember water has a much greater heat memory than air. And with that it has better cooling capacities as long as the water is cool.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so just had a brain fart but instead of running it OVER the motor why not run it along the front of the motor and run the pi... gah halfway through typing this i realized i'm not sure how you could run it... any ideas?

·
Registered
500 Posts
My .02 would be to put it on the passenger fender where the ic normaly runs, would have room and be away from heat mostly. I would still try to ge a heat sheild for the side exposed to exhaust.

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
I like it, wherever it's mounted it could be wrapped against heat, the price is right. The only problem with these things is keeping the water cool for long periods of time, that's why they've always used air-air

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i know that theres some stock supercharged vehicles that use them just wanted to see what someone could do with it... anyone wanna photoshop up some ideas? i'd really just like to see how the engine bay would look running this... could also run a chill pipe that has N2O coils in it lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts