Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in the recaro interior, you might not have to goto japan to find a set. The 88' US 300zx SS edition also came with the recaro interior.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
my friend has (or should I say had) an SS. Those recaros are the most comfortable seats in the world for long drives... too bad only one was salvagable.

here is his brother playing king of the hill with what is left of it.

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
Yeah I have a friend with a Z31 and he is always talking about the Z31 SS and from what I remember it's almost like the JZA70 R to us or maybe even the Group A. Good luck finding one

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can find SS 300zx's for pretty cheap, a friend of mine was looking, and he found a modded one for 4k. You find a lot of Z's for sale because they were made out of recycled steel. Thats their huge flaw, they have very very bad rust problems.

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
heh...

In addition to my Supras, I also own an '86 300ZX turbo and an '88 SS. I posted on Z31.com about how all Z31 owners interested in a set of SS Recaro seats should look into finding Turbo R halfcuts with good interiors :D

The '88 SS is indeed pretty rare. It's commonly held that only 1000 were made. I was lucky and found mine for only $1200. If you're interested in them, go here for some more info:
www.z31.com/ss

If any of you guys find one for dirt cheap (less than $1500), please let me know. Finder's fee gladly paid.

Hey Cassio, what's your friend's name? Does he live in Tampa? I bought a bunch of SS parts from a guy there who stripped his car down to nothing.

Viperlocc - The Supra Recaros are identical to those pictured in the 300ZX. There were no holes for harnesses.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Hey Cassio - was that Didear's car? I remember he had an SS there but he was going to build it up, not strip it down

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Kirk I went to Jacksonville w/ my friend to get that "car" this past summer up in Jacksonville.

Dan87turbo did I meet you in Orlando w/ some of those other Z guys? The guy that had that SS was stinkyz or bryant.... which ever one you think he should go by lol.... he has a pretty sweet 88 z w/ z32 rims.

I have the z32 rims on my supra too (NA) :( but it looks good w/ them just put in my new suspension this morning, but rain halted the back.... one step closer to putting her on the streets

I may have to steal his other recaro and fix it up s I canreplace my 70lb paper weight

1 - 14 of 14 Posts