Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:)

This is for Florida, but may be the same in other states. I have used Exemption B twice already to get out of loud exhaust tickets!

Enjoy

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...TM&Title=->2005->Ch0316->Section 293#0316.293

(6) EXEMPT VEHICLES.--The following are exempt from the operation of this act:
(a) Emergency vehicles operating as specified in s. 316.072(5)(a).
(b) Any motor vehicle engaged in a professional or amateur sanctioned, competitive sports event for which admission or entry fee is charged, or practice or time trials for such event.
(c) Any motor vehicle engaged in a manufacturer's engineering, design, or equipment test.
(d) Construction or agricultural equipment either on a job site or traveling on the highways.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
good info

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, already worked for me twice :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
so what exactly do you say? you were on your way home from the track?
i knew of all these when i got mine, but they generaly don't hold sanctioned races on i4. :dunno:

·
1,522 Posts
I'm going to print out a copy and keep it in my car so I can educate some officers.

Just tell the cop and if you still get the ticket bring the printout to court and you're good to go. The judge can't argue with the law. I'll just bring some timeslips too. You don't have to be nessasarily on your way to or from the track.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
pituala said:
:)

This is for Florida, but may be the same in other states. I have used Exemption B twice already to get out of loud exhaust tickets!

Enjoy

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...TM&Title=->2005->Ch0316->Section 293#0316.293

(6) EXEMPT VEHICLES.--The following are exempt from the operation of this act:
(a) Emergency vehicles operating as specified in s. 316.072(5)(a).
(b) Any motor vehicle engaged in a professional or amateur sanctioned, competitive sports event for which admission or entry fee is charged, or practice or time trials for such event.
(c) Any motor vehicle engaged in a manufacturer's engineering, design, or equipment test.
(d) Construction or agricultural equipment either on a job site or traveling on the highways.
Good info, however in order to "prove" you are engaging in a professional or amateur sanctioned, competitive sports you have to be driving towards it correct? IF the location that you got pulled over its 50 miles away from a local track or there are no close events that you can actually "prove" how can you get out of it ?

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
I'm going to print out a copy and keep it in my car so I can educate some officers.

Just tell the cop and if you still get the ticket bring the printout to court and you're good to go.
You shouldn't do that as you are opening the door for him (defined as Deputy officer) to add more significant invented reasons of why he pulled you over, and its your word vs his. :) Just trying to help...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Jesus said:
Good info, however in order to "prove" you are engaging in a professional or amateur sanctioned, competitive sports you have to be driving towards it correct? IF the location that you got pulled over its 50 miles away from a local track or there are no close events that you can actually "prove" how can you get out of it ?
The law can be interpreted many different ways.

That could mean that you raced your car at the track 5 years ago and you plan on racing it again someday. It's still the same car. A lawyer will tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Jesus said:
You shouldn't do that as you are opening the door for him (defined as Deputy officer) to add more significant invented reasons of why he pulled you over, and its your word vs his. :) Just trying to help...
exactly what i was getting at. unless there is a track set up on i4, and you tell him your in a race, then he gets you for racing on the highway which is an automatic suspension.
please educate me more on the subject before i get thrown in jail :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
JamesBond0078 said:

the statue doesn't say...."was engaged" or "will be engaged" it says that you are currently engaged?

·
Registered
187 Posts
t66-4npower said:
exactly what i was getting at. unless there is a track set up on i4, and you tell him your in a race, then he gets you for racing on the highway which is an automatic suspension.
please educate me more on the subject before i get thrown in jail :)
Okay...lets try this again. You are taking the law too literally.

What do you think this means. That you can only have the loud exhaust at the track? Or only when you are driving to and from the track? If you race once a year...the car is engaged in the event. That doesn't mean you have switch you exhaust at the track or as soon as you get home from the track or withing 30 minutes or one hour. The car is engaged in the events, duration and frequency doesn't matter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i think it means this,
up north in pennsylvania they used to have amatuer rally races in which some or most of the race occured on public roads which were not blocked from every day traffic. most of the cars that raced, had no exhausts on them and in certain classes you had to drive the car to the race and then back home once you were done. or the same thing goes for the cars that race the scca events.
i'm not taking the law "too literally" i'm just trying to keep people from looking like dumbasses in court. remember when the big thing came out about getting a speeding ticket and sending in $5 extra, then they would send you a refund check that you throw in the garbage? that shit never worked. they kept all mine and my friends extra money and we got points anyways.
if this works i'm all for it because i've gotten 2 of these tickets in fla so far. i even retained a lawyer for one and he said there was nothing he could do.

·
1,522 Posts
I've had 2 of these tickets as well but didn't fight them.

pituala says he has used exemption b twice now to get out of the tickets. I wonder if that was in court or on the side of the road with the officer?

t66-4npower- How long ago did you get your tickets? Maybe this is a new statute??

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
JamesBond0078 said:

That could mean that you raced your car at the track 5 years ago and you plan on racing it again someday. It's still the same car. A lawyer will tell you the same thing.
I agree and disagree, I KNOW what a lawyer would tell me trust me, bottom line is you can "justify" the use of a loud exhaust as it says :

However, EVEN having the BEST lawyer around these days the judges have ZERO tolerance for anything related with after market exhausts or the so called "modified" exhaust. Especially with everything going on the streets these days. You might be lucky and get away with it, but you might not as the judges have ZERO tolerance these days.

J

·
1,522 Posts
The best one that I heard that worked well is to get or at least have a reciept for a TRD exhaust. That way it isn't aftermarket or modified but considered a factory option...well...kinda. Shane did this before and it worked for him in court. But I agree with you Jesus....depends on the judge and what kind of mood they are in.

·
Registered
199 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
t66-4npower- How long ago did you get your tickets? Maybe this is a new statute??
last one was the end of april this year.
the statues were the same because i spent hours reading them.
i was furious at the officer on the side of the road. he about took me to jail and had 2 back-up cruisers behind him just incase. i got a disorderly ticket also because i was so pissed off. couldn't fight that one because he had his vid cam on :(
like i said, traffic lawyer told me there was nothing he could do.
i seriously hope this will work because its bullshit how they pick and choose who they pull over. i've went by cops in my stock 4runner going 90mph and they did nothing. go 5 over in the civic or supra and i got swat on my ass.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts