Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time I have problem while acceleration. It is no matter if I accelerate hard or not. If the engine is cold everything is OK. Now going to the point... While accelerating engine suddenly stop working for one second and than accelerate again, big red stop lamp in front of me shines but after one second lamp is gone and everything is fine. Sometimes it happens very often and sometimes not often. I have checked ECU for codes – no codes. Today I will change spark plugs, if it does not help what else should I check?

Please help me
:(

M

·
0 Posts
Plugs would definately be where I'd start, I think Jeff Watson would know. He should post by the end of the day.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After changing plugs everything is like it was = not good:( The feeling is like electricity turns off for second. It is not like misfiring, it is like 0 power

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it sounds like and it feels like, but I it shouldn't be fuel cut because I have FCD. It happens even while no boost = it can't be fuel cut. Well it shouldn't be fuel cut, something can be broken and fuel cut system could get crazy... I have no idea how to check it. When engine stops while acceleration A/F monitor shows reach.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone:)

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Manual Boost Controller.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have reset ECU many times.

I have found the source of my problem: It was ground connection for ECU. When system needed more electricity than one connection wasn’t strong enough to hold so many volts, I fixed it and now everything is fine. It was whole day of work; all electric cables were outside of my beauty lady:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanx to everybody who were trying to help;)

M

·
0 Posts
fine :)
you see, my sugestion with something wrong with ecu was not bad :)
cu
mac

M

·
0 Posts
Can I ask how you figured out it was the ECU ground??? Very nice work.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was really hard to find out. I was lucky because while repair tests I was unable to start the engine. Using multimeter and ECU table from mkiv.com I have found out that on two wires there is no ground. I did try to find where these wires lost connection but it was impossible for me. have decided to connect new wires for the ground.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
This sounds Similar to my ETTC problem...

does the power cut out like this:

Accelerate... boost starts coming online around 2000rpm... cuts out around 2600-2800rpm... no boost until 3000-3100rpm when it kicks back on again then acts like nothing was wrong...

By what you said my car FEELS like yours in a way, since that feels about the same... when you have boost then dont, even if it was a few lbs.. it feels slow as hell...

Just out of curiosity, which wires was it that you were having problems with, Im trying to diagnose my problems too... however sequential works perfect for me..

·
supraman
632 Posts
I have a similar problem but my car makes a noise especially if I drive on second gear between 5k-6.5k a weird short sound coming from the engine I can feel the viberation in the accelerator pedal. It does not happen on full throttle just when I hold at 5k and slowly accelerate up. Any idea what this is? cause I dont feel any loss of power? Worried about this!:(

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My problem was different. While accelerating engine stopped working complettly like you disconnect electric power. Also important sign was red tringle lamp in front of me.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bahraini_zupra said:
humm i think i got similer problem now is the wire coming out from the ecu pins ? RED+black ?

thanks
Sorry, It was so long time ago - I do not remember. My sygestion - make sure that all ground wires have ground.

Regards

1 - 20 of 20 Posts