Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am at my last legs right now and going crazy

i have no spark the ecu throwing no codes but still ahev not started it yet eather

any ways i have cheaked out the cps ignightor and coil pac's every thgin is fine and well with in spec

and my car shows an einge cheak light so that menas the ecu is ready to rip

i had fuel prob befor but it si all fixed now since i get fuel persure now

my car is 86.5 body and 88 motor

·
...heading for 500+ RWHP
467 Posts
It is just one of those problems that makes no sence....:rolleyes: but that's why your about to explode right:D

I would just double check the entire ignition system....cps... and have you tried swaping in a differant ecu just in case. If you aren't getting any spark then the problem MUST be in the ignition system or in some part that directly affects the ignition system. If I was you I would start at the battery and check to see that you get power at every stop in the system all the way to the spark plugs. If there is no spark....then SOMETHING in the ignition system isn't getting power.....it may be tedious but you can find it.

Good luck!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Wiring to the CPS and coil packs can often be problematic. Check the ground wire especially for the coil packs.

Just out of curiousity, when did the problem start? Did you just finish a round of modifications when it wouldn't start? Or has it had an intermittent problem for a while?

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ma71supraturbo said:
Wiring to the CPS and coil packs can often be problematic. Check the ground wire especially for the coil packs.

Just out of curiousity, when did the problem start? Did you just finish a round of modifications when it wouldn't start? Or has it had an intermittent problem for a while?
no mine is kidna from ground up

i think it is main power or some thing i am have buddie come over wiht workign supra so i cna see what relays come on

then i can sort out what thigns are not workign right

as for juist uyseing the battie i can cause my rear brake light are stuck on for some reson i think it
s most likly a prob in the brake light area caus eof water gettign into there wheil my car was sittign for so long

ps are walorbo pumps loud can you hear them really easley

S

·
0 Posts
CPS was the culprit when my car wouldnt start! Had to disconnect the wires play with them alittle, then it would start back up. After I found out what was wrong I cleaned the hell out of those contact points on the harness and cps. Problem was solved. You could try that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dunno if this applies to you but when I first swapped a motor into my current car, a pin on the ECU plug slipped in the middle of the connector and didn't get a good connection. Drove me crazy for a week till I tracked it down with a multimeter. Check all the connections and grounds carefully.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
just to let you know my car has been open to the weather for like 2 months when getting painted...the main fuse box and wiring. A few days ago i put it all together and EVERYTHING powers on and works great...

sounds like the ignition wire might be cut or some wires might be cut maybe because someone wired a turbo timer or car alarm or such and when removing it maybe just taped the open wires up and left it. Just look for newer tape and maybe inspect the wires.

Maybe try different ignitors as well :(

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
I'd check the timing, maybe one of the cams is off, or the CPS is off a tooth or two.

May be a fuse too.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
All of your ground wires in place? One on the rear of the trany, one on the back of the head, one on the intake manifold, one on the stiffener wings, and the little one the coil packs.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i think after littel fucken around i found out not all my power is going into the car as in not all my relays are workign

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all have bena cheaked i got 4 guage as mock up right now to the block that is plenty for ground i just got o do more digging i guess

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well update

after diggin around and cheaking stuff

whe i crank my motor my tac does not move at all but the ignitor bench tested out fine has any one had some thign that tested out fine ona test and was just broekn still

1 - 15 of 15 Posts