Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im replacing the speakers on the car the front and back... and Im going to put the 6.5 on the rear and do the modification of the bracket to fit the 6.5 also on the front...

Im on a very tight budget and just want to listen to some thing good...Im not interested on the top of the line stuff that would make me win a competition.

Im sick of my blown speakers so what would you guys suggest me to be some good 6.5 speakers to put around the car...

All inputs are very appreciated...

:D

PS:: also I notice that some speakers say 2-way, 3-way and 4-way... what is this...Which is better for me to get..?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This are some that I was thinking what do you guys think..

Infinity 62.3-----------------------(RMS: 75w, Peak: 225)
Infinity Kappa 62.5I-------------(RMS:2-75w, Peak:225)
Sony XS-V1633------------------(RMS:2-50w, Peak:220)
Pionner TS-D160R---------------(RMS:60w, Peak: 250)
Kenwood Excelon KFC-X168--(RMS:?, Peak: 220)

All of them are 2-way except the Sonys which are 3-way.

I don't know if those are the number by what the speakers are supose to be judge but I put them there just in case.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Out of the speakers you previously listed, I would rank the Infinity's at the top. They should be under your budget as well. Check www.crutchfield.com .... they carry Infinity last I checked and have some decent deals. :)

CraigK

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys I'll guess I'll go with the Infinity...

But can you explain to me what is the diff. between 2-way and 3-way...?

Also the infinity comes in 2-way... so would it be ok if I get a 2 pairs of this Infinity in 2-ways or do they have to be diff. the front from the rear ons..?

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
A 2-way speaker will actually have 2 speakers in each 6.5 speaker. There will be the 6.5" woofer/midrange, with a smaller tweeter mounted in front of it.

3-ways will have a woofer, midrange, and a tweeter all mounted with the actual 6.5 speaker.

Its basically preference on whether you want 2-ways or 3 ways. You can 2-ways up front and 3-ways in the rear or vice-versa. 3-ways will usually have a slightly higher power rating as well, since theres 3 speakers to be powered. :cool:

CraigK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts