Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that a built auto with a TC will do very well on a standstill 1/4 but how well does it do on a roll on? I'm worried about the fact that the auto doesnt drop into a lower gear when u gun it. Everytime someone tries to take me while i'm in 2nd or 3rd, they always jump in front for a few secs. I'm curious if the built auto with the TC would actually downshift or what.
Thanks for the imput guys.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm using the factory auto still. I was wondering if a built auto would solve it. Will the built auto drop gears hard and quick?
Off the line i can still hold my own =) Its just the while i'm cruising in 2nd or 3rd and people wanna take me do i have problems.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the car does downshift but this is after i slam on the pedal and then it takes a bit to build boost. This is why the other people get ahead of me for about 3 secs. A high TC would help me take them even from something like a 35 mph roll? Thanks in advance fellas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.