Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

For those of you who have done this, did you keep the twins attached as you were pulling it or did you take them off. Also What other main parts that are attached to the engine has to come off before the whole thing came out.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
they can stay on. Basically its just the motor mounts that need to be unbolted. Then the plugs and whatnot, hoses, exahaust..etc..

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about the water pump? It sticks out a tad bit compared to all the other parts on the front of the engine.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
it can stay on too, but its easy to take off if you want it out your way for and easier removal/install.

probably already done, but take the hood off too.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
Hood, both radiator pipes, intake, intercooler pipe from the turbos and the one from the intake mani., motor mounts, if your taken the tranny out with it you gotta unbolt the drive shaft, and tranny mount, unplug the connectors from the ecu and pull them threw the firewall. both feed and return fuel lines. pull the radiator outa there too. off the top of my head thats everything.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Larrabee said:
Hood, both radiator pipes, intake, intercooler pipe from the turbos and the one from the intake mani., motor mounts, if your taken the tranny out with it you gotta unbolt the drive shaft, and tranny mount, unplug the connectors from the ecu and pull them threw the firewall. both feed and return fuel lines. pull the radiator outa there too. off the top of my head thats everything.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Do not disassemble anything from your motor. That would take longer then pulling the whole thing. It is really easy and self explanitory once you get working on it. Took two hours with tranny my first time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Larrabee said:
you forgot, you also have to disconnect power steering and a/c condensor.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hands On said:
Do not disassemble anything from your motor. That would take longer then pulling the whole thing. It is really easy and self explanitory once you get working on it. Took two hours with tranny my first time.

Daym...how the hell did you do it in 2 hours. Ofcourse the website goes down when I decide that I will be pulling the engine, but at least it has been done. I did have a few questions while doing it but figured them out myself. I also pulled all the IC piping and the stock IC since I have a 3-row going in.

Before

After

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
Daym...how the hell did you do it in 2 hours. Ofcourse the website goes down when I decide that I will be pulling the engine, but at least it has been done. I did have a few questions while doing it but figured them out myself. I also pulled all the IC piping and the stock IC since I have a 3-row going in.

Before

After
Ohh man just saw this thread, Ascari Im right around the corner from you well not literally but in Naperville, I could've helped you out, but looks like you got it out.

·
OCC
897 Posts
An adjustable sling works very well with our cars.... relatively inexpensive, and allows you to tilt the engine for ease of r/r.

sushi

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SupraTuRD said:
An adjustable sling works very well with our cars.... relatively inexpensive, and allows you to tilt the engine for ease of r/r.

sushi
This is probably going to sound pretty dumb...but what is that. Never heard of one.

SupraTT85:
Thanks for the offer. Lintrix (Jason) wanted to be here when I pulled it out, but like I said the board went dead as I decided to start work so I couldn't contact anyone. The hardest part was getting the damn engine up the driveway into the garage since I was by myself. Trans comes lose today and gets strapped to the pallet. Now I need to find a way to send it to BL and start detailing the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
Trans comes lose today and gets strapped to the pallet. Now I need to find a way to send it to BL and start detailing the engine bay.
Thats easy! Send a quote through my website, I can ship it for you :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Raul, I actually sent you an email earlier in the day.

·
Registered
132 Posts
SupraTuRD said:

sushi
not sure if we're talking the same thing but i use a load leveler, which will also tilt the engine very easily

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually looked around for one of those but no one really had em. So I just went to home depot, cut some heavy duty chains and got some hooks. Did the trick for me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
This is probably going to sound pretty dumb...but what is that. Never heard of one.

SupraTT85:
Thanks for the offer. Lintrix (Jason) wanted to be here when I pulled it out, but like I said the board went dead as I decided to start work so I couldn't contact anyone. The hardest part was getting the damn engine up the driveway into the garage since I was by myself. Trans comes lose today and gets strapped to the pallet. Now I need to find a way to send it to BL and start detailing the engine bay.

Yeah Defiinately Let me know if you need help with anything else... Im right off 75th and 59. Like literally right behind that home depot.

-Ashar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts