Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My t04r 1jz is low on power..

after looking at all my coil packs, EVERY single one of them is cracked under the silicone tip (some are cracked past that)

After checking the resistance, each one is .8 ohms cold. Is this good?

Did you guys notice a power increase when you replaced old cracked coil packs with new coil packs?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Allegedly, there isn't a definitive test to check the coil packs. :dunno: Maybe Curt can give you more info in the tech section of his forum. That being said, my car did run smoother after changing out my coil packs.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
Ckanderson said:
My t04r 1jz is low on power..

after looking at all my coil packs, EVERY single one of them is cracked under the silicone tip (some are cracked past that)

After checking the resistance, each one is .8 ohms cold. Is this good?

Did you guys notice a power increase when you replaced old cracked coil packs with new coil packs?
I don't know if I'd call it a power increase, but it ran smoother on mine.
Do you have someone around that you can swap in known good packs to test?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far no...... All my Supra friends around here are mk3 owners... no mk4 guys... I got a friend in Fresno.. he's got new ones. Ill try his out.... the common sign of weak ones is missfiring under higher boost... correct? Once i have the fuel for 20 PSI ill see what happens.

G

·
Not to hijack your thread, CK, but mine have slight cracking on them. When do we know that enough cracking is enough to need replaced? My car runs fine and I boost to 15 PSI with no misses. I know they need replaced but just wondering for how long I can most likely hold out until a good deal comes along.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I have been told any cracking is bad. Mine are fucked beyond belief. BUT... I boost fine.... I dont doubt that replaceing them would be a very good idea though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts