Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are. If you want to see full size versions you can go here (starts at the bottom of page 5) or delete the '.sized' out of the end of the url. Sorry for the dirty interior but I didn't vacuum it prior to taking the pics. Let me know what you think.















 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the rest...















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
Awesome truck dude. I think Syclones/Typhoons are and always will be the baddest trucks out there. Fuck the SRT-10 and Lightning. I'd take one of those in a heart beat.

Have you ran it at the track?
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phyte said:
Nice, but why does it say Syclone on the intake :D
Good eye. That's actually the way ALL the Typhoons are. For whatever reason GMC & PAL was too lazy/cheap to manufacture another intake manifold with 'Typhoon' stamped into it. There are some plates you can buy to weld in and some intakes you can buy (both big $$) that will say Typhoon but I kind of like it and think it lends to the character and uniqueness of these trucks.
 

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Do you have diff angles of the hood/vents?
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ryan P said:
Awesome truck dude. I think Syclones/Typhoons are and always will be the baddest trucks out there. Fuck the SRT-10 and Lightning. I'd take one of those in a heart beat.
Yeah, I like these better too (although those are some bad ass trucks for sure) because they are so unique and the traction out of the hole is amazing. I got spanked by a Lightning in my Dakota R/T a half dozen years ago and some day I'll get payback in this. :die:

Ryan P said:
Have you ran it at the track?
GSXXXguy said:
Sweet! That thing looks so mean with that IC behind the grill. How fast is it?
It's making ~500hp to the pavement on 91 octane. The best (and only) time at Bandimere was a 12.25 @ 107.81 w/a 60' of 1.71 and that was with a bad ignition module... which is why I say the only run. That's been replaced and I'm pretty sure it's got 11's at this elevation (Banidmere is 5,800+ ft above sea level) in it. I think with some better tuning this current setup could be awfully close to breaking into 10's at sea-level.

All of this was with it being 4,200lbs w/me in it and on 91 octane and all season street tires. You can literally drive this thing off of the street and put it on the track and run 11's which is more than most cars on the road can say. The AWD makes this thing INSANE out of the hole. I have owned/ridden in some very fast vehicles and this is easily the fastest out of the hole I've owned and even gives my sport bikes a run for the money with 0-60 times in the three second range. It has alky injection running 100% methanol which is less than $2.50/gal and one gallon lasts about a full tank of gas. I have a list a mile long of the mods and changes made to this thing and have put a lot of time/money into it. This thing is an amazing machine and has been built right and, if I sell it, I'll hate to see it go but since I've driving it only a few thousand miles since I bought it it seems a shame to let it sit in a back corner in the garage and collect dust.
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chevydude said:
Do you have diff angles of the hood/vents?
They're just Z34 Lumina vents. What angle are you talking about? Check out some of the full size pics and you should see all you need as they're pretty big pics.
 

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
They're just Z34 Lumina vents. What angle are you talking about? Check out some of the full size pics and you should see all you need as they're pretty big pics.

Lol, these look better on the Typhoon then then Lumina.
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chevydude said:
Lol, these look better on the Typhoon then then Lumina.
Agreed. :bigthumb:
 

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
Joined
·
1,719 Posts
Ryan P said:
Awesome truck dude. I think Syclones/Typhoons are and always will be the baddest trucks out there. Fuck the SRT-10 and Lightning. I'd take one of those in a heart beat.
I totally agree as I have been drooling over them since they came out. :bowdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,623 Posts
That intercooler looks sweet behind that grill! I had no idea those things could be that fast, especially out of the whole! Very clean I like it a lot!
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
texasmr2 said:
I totally agree as I have been drooling over them since they came out. :bowdown:
Same here man. I always dreamed of owning a Typhoon and a MKIV and a few years back I had a good enough year to pay cash for both. Needless to say every time I climb behind the wheel of either one I'm like a kid again.
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cwtt said:
That intercooler looks sweet behind that grill! I had no idea those things could be that fast, especially out of the whole! Very clean I like it a lot!
Yeah, I love the way the FMIC looks too. Since it's all black that's all you see going down the road and every once in a while as I take a corner during the day the reflection blinds people sitting at a stop the opposite way.... funny stuff.

They are hole-shot monsters! With the AWD and the massive amounts of weight and torque they kick much ass out of the hole. Due to being the aerodynamic bricks that they are it takes gobs of power to keep accelerating against the added wind resistance the faster you go. I'm not a big top-end freak like some people though. It's fun to do a few times but that's not something I would like to do on a regular basis.
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
x X CLoud X x said:
congrats 500whp on any car is fun........ whats the difference between Syclones and Typhoons? these cars give alot of problems?
Yeah, it's gobs of fun and you have to be careful because you'll be speeding before you know it if you're not careful.

Syclone is the truck version and Typhoon is the blazer version. There are other smaller differences but that's the big one.

They certainly are not the most reliable vehicles on the road. In stock trim they require a little more attention than lots of cars and once you start modding you really need to know what you're doing and do the reliability mods before it becomes and issue otherwise it will be magnified sooner than later.
 

·
out to lunch
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
Looks great, and it this should have been the only color they made em in, but I think you should paint the FMIC black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
Good eye. That's actually the way ALL the Typhoons are. For whatever reason GMC & PAL was too lazy/cheap to manufacture another intake manifold with 'Typhoon' stamped into it. There are some plates you can buy to weld in and some intakes you can buy (both big $$) that will say Typhoon but I kind of like it and think it lends to the character and uniqueness of these trucks.
Typical GM. My 92 camaro has all kinds of left over corvette parts on it like intake runners and valve covers. My neighbor down the street has a sick syclone. Has chrome Z06 wheels on it, and a couple other mods.

Phyte
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phyte said:
Typical GM. My 92 camaro has all kinds of left over corvette parts on it like intake runners and valve covers. My neighbor down the street has a sick syclone. Has chrome Z06 wheels on it, and a couple other mods.

Phyte
I was actually looking at the new Z06 wheels in black w/a chrome lip but decided against it. I like the stock wheels and prefer the sleeper look on this thing. No sense trying to make a S10 look like a Viper if you know what I'm saying. :ugh2:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top