Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some people were asking how to install a 97+ airbag to work on a pre 97. What you'll be needing is the wire harness that Curt Aigner has mentioned numerous times. Part #09082-00760
I did this with my TRD wheel, so if those are wondering how to here are some pics to help.

TRD wheels are available with a pre 97 connector and 97+ connector. Assuming that the airbags are manufactured to work after they're connected, they should be able to deploy during an accident.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's a picture of the harness connected to the 97+ airbag ready to be installed into the car. The trickiest part is to tuck the connectors behind the airbag so that the airbag can be installed nice and neatly. This can be done, as I've done it on my own car.

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Great information...very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to write this up. ;)

Steve T.

·
Banned
942 Posts
Our Toyota Parts distributor doesn't have this part# in their system. Is this a valid Toyota part#? If so, where are you getting it from?

Thanks.
Chris.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
you have to undo the white connector and take all wires out but the black one. then u have to take that connector and put a tap on it to the steering wheel of your celica. then once your airbag touches the steering wheel the horn will work. you can see in the pic above with the airbag the white connector and black wire. you will see a spot on the right side of your steering wheel where it is supposed to go.

good luck,
sid

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
anyone knowing WHICH pin is used for which cable... cause the adapters are discontinued :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Any way to bring back the pics on this. Bought a TRD Wheel but the wires were clipped. Need a visual to help me install this on my 94. Any help is much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts