Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell did you guys install it without taking off the intake manifold???? I tried to install it today and couldn't get a good grip on the banjo bolt from the stock fuel rail.... There wasn't enough space. Any suggestions?

Alan

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Take off the EGR thingee that is removable (the one that isn't attached to the thick brass pipe). That helps a lot. I have fat hands and i still was able to install it..

Andi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Andi. Initially, I removed the EGR thing and I was able to get my socket on the banjo bolt, but I couldn't get enough leverage onto the socket handle. POS. I'll try again later this week. Gotta get some ZZZZ's for work.

Alan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the two banjo bolts off, now the damn fuel filter won't come off. Not enough time to finish it off today, maybe tomorrow after work. Sooner or later I'll finish this sh*t....

Alan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. Finally got everything put back together. I wish I had more time in the beginning so I could do the whole job in one sitting. All the damn bolts from the banjo bolts to the fuel filter bolts were a pain in the ass to get off. I can understand that though, my car has 93k on the odometer and that's the first time the fuel filter has been changed. LOL.

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts