Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for you folks with Veilside skirts.

I bought my dawg over a year ago with full Veilside kit (minus whale tail) and didnt know anything about the body mods. Now I've learned that the ducts had been removed that led from the stock side skirts to the rear wheel wells ["brake cooling" ducts, if you will]. Maybe you've seen my recent threads on rain water leaks and wheel well hole blocking.

My question is, was it a requirement to permanently remove these ducts because the aftermarket skirts wouldnt allow for their re-installation?.... or did you have to rig up a special install to get these back in?
Or maybe the previous owner of mine was too stupid to realize they needed to be there.....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Your question is kind of confusing, the veil side side skirts have ducts of their own! Maybe I do not completely understand what you are asking!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the ducts on my Veilside skirts only extend back a partial way (and are capped off with a metal screen), they do not meet up with and connect to the wheel well hole.... do yours?

I have a picture from the Toyota manual, showing parts 62933E right and 62934B left as the OEM ducts.... clearly shows that they route from the stock skirt opening to the wheel well.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
. . . they do not meet up with and connect to the wheel well hole.... do yours?

Actually I do not know if mine line up. If they do then maybe you got a knock off kit that was not as quality . . . I will check at lunch and let you know!

·
Registered
496 Posts
There should be rubber ducts held on by metal braces. These should be left in place, otherwise water will get into the car.

Are your skirts molded onto the car? Hopefully not and you can put the ducts back in place.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My skirts are screwed in place, not molded on.... and yes, the reason I'm asking these questions is because my carpet was saturated underneath with rain water and road silt.

So you are verifying that the OEM skirt ducts do work with the Veilsides?...... good news! :bthumb:

Will I need to acquire just the ducts and retainers then?

·
Registered
496 Posts
fitchbuck said:
My skirts are screwed in place, not molded on.... and yes, the reason I'm asking these questions is because my carpet was saturated underneath with rain water and road silt.

So you are verifying that the OEM skirt ducts do work with the Veilsides?...... good news! :bthumb:

Will I need to acquire just the ducts and retainers then?
I didn't install mine, however I do know that there are rubber ducts and they have a metal brace around the perimeter of the boot where it enters the wheel well to make a tight seal.

Without this duct obviously you're going to get water in your car since there are wires and everything which pass right next to those air passages. The rubber basically seperates the outside from the inside of your car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts