Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Steve or Andi, i have done many searches and read many posts and I tried your wheel guide but i cannot look at it can you please help m out? I have these rims:

Work Equip 18 w/ Reverse lip

18x8 (currently Dunlop Crappy tires) 235/35/18 +41H offset

18x9.5 (nitto 555 Extreme) 265/35/18 +48 offset i believe

I currently do not get traction what so ever, problay cause of th nitto suck, was wondering, whats the best tires and whats the best tire size (biggest i can go with front and rear) I have the Tein suspensin so i can adjust the height of the car . Please help me out thank you for your time.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Depends if you drive in dry or wet conditions. On my Porsche I have the A032R's which are a great DOT aprooved race tire. It has awesome wear and it is still ok to drive to the track in the rain since it has a tread(looks like motorcycle tread). Even though I like thatg tire I am going to switch to the Pilot Sport Cup tires for better grip but faster wear. So if you go out and auto-x and do road race events the A032's are great. If you want a purely street tire I would get the BFG KD's if you drive in dry conditions mostly. For wet I would go with some S02's. Hope that helps.

·
3,148 Posts
Unfortunately your front wheel width is your limiting factor. A 235 is probably as wide as I would recommend. I would recommend a 235/40R18 instead of the 235/35R18. On the the rear you could go with a 285/30R18, but the wheel would be very full and your car would understeer terribly. I guess I would recommend staying with the 265/35R18 on the rear. Hope this helps.

A good option would be to sale the wheels to someone with an RX7 (This would be a good fitment for them) and get the proper sizes for a Supra.

I would recommend the AVS Sport or G-Force KD. The G-Force has more grip, but is a lot noiser than the AVS Sport. You will still have a lot more grip than with the Nitto's. Make sure you have the proper alignment, because this can also help your straight line traction. I would go more than -1 degree in the rear for decent straight line traction.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
I would recommend the AVS Sport or G-Force KD. The G-Force has more grip, but is a lot noiser than the AVS Sport.

Later, Steve
Steve, I remember you telling me how noisy your KDs were, but mine weren't that bad at all. Maybe I just don't notice those things (I usually have my radio on cruising at higher speeds), but they didn't seem any noisier than other tires I've had on the car (actually maybe less noisy than the POS Fulda Extremos that I use for beater tires).

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help Steve, I tookoff the rim today and I found it 18x8.5 and 18x9.5in the rear..so I guess ill go with 245 and 275 most likly or 285 if i can. But thanks for all your guys help !!

·
3,148 Posts
Go ahead with a 255/35 front and 285/30 rear. My KD's were very noisy after they were about 60% worn. Before that they seemed very normal.

Later, Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts