Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
good luck killa

· Heavy Metal Momentum
1,004 Posts
What are you planning to use the car for afterwards? Would sure make a fun auto-x/track platform. ;)
Brian

· medford turbo addict
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
some new pics
can u smell the smoke from 4 brains burning?

chris with the old twins

me and chris pulling the twin mess off

nothing like 3/4 inch steel for a little support on the motor mounts

just a tad smokey from the cutting and grinding

the crossmember with the mount cut out

Al with the smoke wrench cutting out the old mount

· Registered
829 Posts
Awesome......good luck with everything!

· Registered
829 Posts
MANI009 said:
OK I think its time to get someone else back who has totally disappeared ever since he got a Celsior aka LS400, this is JDMUSCLE at his finest :urowned:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I remember that night. Yogi was so out of it by the time I got there.......LMAO!!!! And thank god I just missed the puke.

· 95 Hardtopper X 2
2,034 Posts
That just looks nuts..a 2JZ in a car that was on my lunch box in the 80's :)...my Turbo found its way into a even lighter Supra :bigthumb:

· Registered
441 Posts
damn that thing is going to fly. FYI joseph shantz went 12.9 on stock turbo at 17lbs of boost on street yokohamas with a 7m powered mk2. These cars are light and you with that monster 2jz are goin to fly. Im looking forward to this one. :)

charlie

· Registered
36 Posts
Awesome project! Looks like you're making good progress so far. Any recent updates?

Do you have an estimated time of completion?

Will you be using the factory 2J computer and harness or standalone?

BTW I hope you have some serious wheels and tires for that car :) it's going to be a handfull.

· medford turbo addict
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
it would be done sooner but im running low on $$ so its going 2 be longer then it will take...in time ill be running an AEM EMS....tires im going for 345's drag radials

· Registered
36 Posts
345s?! Holy $hit, this I gotta see :) I was looking forward to 315s down the road on mine, thanks for shattering my dreams LOL. I only have 275s on my MK2 now. What wheels are you going to run? Have you test fit the tires you want to run yet? I think you'll have to run a "jacked up" suspension in back to fit that tire, much like Russ M. did on his drag MK2.

I'm not sure why my sig doesn't work but I have an 82 with a 7M and (lowly) W58. As stated previously in this thread (I think) it ran a 12.9 @ 109 way back in '04. With your setup I can see you running 11s pretty easy. Do you have a specific hp goal in mind with this turbo setup?

Have you had other MK2s before? Or MK3, MK4?

Joseph

· medford turbo addict
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
nope i havnt test fited anything yet but when the time come ill make it fit... 12.9 is awsome...well the turbo its self is good for around 600-650 so my goal is for somewhere around there... and sadly i havnt owned one before... my dream is 2 own a mk4

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.