Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
better start orderin your Parachutes...or you wont be able to make those 130+mph passes anymore :p :rolleyes:

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
so we're gonna see tons of chutes on cars that never get used. lol. hell a high boost t78 could trpa that on a good run.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
this is the reason why i built my car the way i did. No competing for me, just going to the track this year with friends. Screw the rules. :)

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
It chokes me up inside

I never thought i'd be saying this but... NOPI is the way to go from now on.
To me they'll always be the 2 Rice 2 Furious racing series, but they're actually the best with the racers and for smaller race teams.
NHRA from the start has been a PITA (pain in the ass) catering towards the bigger teams and making the smaller teams go elsewhere.
I am actually boycotting NHRA and hope others do as-well.

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
My94Pony said:
better start orderin your Parachutes...or you wont be able to make those 130+mph passes anymore :p :rolleyes:
Is this just for NHRA events...or does this include test and tune as well?

That seems ridiculously low for today's street cars.

Thanks

Scott

Peace

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: For you guys who trap 130+ and run on NHRA tracks

The Pikey said:
Is this just for NHRA events...or does this include test and tune as well?

That seems ridiculously low for today's street cars.

Thanks

Scott

Peace
No. As of 04, any NHRA sanctioned track is to make you run a Parachute if you trap 130+. And that still goes for you guys who run mid 11-12's @ 130+.

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
Re: Re: Re: For you guys who trap 130+ and run on NHRA tracks

My94Pony said:
And that still goes for you guys who run mid 11-12's @ 130+.

Soooo...what are you trying to say? :D

EDIT: Do you have a link to that new rule?

Thanks

Scott

peace

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
my94pony, i saw a mustang that looked just like urs in gainesville yesterday, it was loud as fuck too, u werent here yesterday were u, dont see too many mustangs with the saleen sr spoilers here

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Jees, that is freakin rediculous! I may as well not even bother getting a cage now! :mad:

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
I dont think its a legit ruling.. I did some research and no one knows anythign about this..

I emailed the people at nhra about revisions for 2004 and we will see cause i dont see anything about this in the 2004 rulebook

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
99YellowStang said:
my94pony, i saw a mustang that looked just like urs in gainesville yesterday, it was loud as fuck too, u werent here yesterday were u, dont see too many mustangs with the saleen sr spoilers here
Nope.

And i was told this by the guy tho Cert's our cages, that this will be going into effect either 04 or 05.

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Welp, sorry to say its not gonna be 2004.. at least nothing is heard of it yet... i guess only time will tell!

·
Registered
397 Posts
not to bad of a rtle
just dont pull it at the trap if you dont need it, and at 130-145 mph i dont think you really need it anyway
and it doesnt really cost that much either
SUMMIT sells them for $280 i believe
and just think how bad ass itll be driving on the street and having a parachute on the back !!!!!!!
but i guess that only goes for those that actually need it that trap over 145 mph at the track

:devil:

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
i have a 04 rule book in my hands and build race cars for a living with my father, parachute is required if you go 150mhp or faster ...also, if you have it on your car and run faster then 150 but don't pull it, most tech guys at any nhra track would give you a warning.. if it's on there and your running the mph, then it should be pulled.plain and simple.....jay

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Welp i finally got the email.. here is your anwser....
NHRA doesn't seem to be changing there rule!!!!
So if your track is saying there gonna need cars going over 130+ to require a chute, then that is the tracks rule and not NHRA...

I also took liberty to call the track i always goto since i know the guy really well and he said he has no plans to change it from 150.

ps.. what track was this.. ???

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not all that uncommon for tracks to require safety requirements at a sooner ET or speed than what our rules require. Our safety rules are a minimum and can be required sooner by the track. An example of this is common at tracks that have a short shutdown area. Our rules state that a parachute is required at 150mph. These tracks require you to have a chute at slower speeds (130,135mph). This in no way violets our rules and is acceptable as the track has the finally say over their safety requirements (as long as they meet our minimum). There is no revisions involved in this since this has been the case the whole time.

NHRA Tech Dept.
Eric Lowe <[email protected]>

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
M Miller said:
You don't plan on running your car at.. Atco, Cecil, Englishtown, Maple Grove?? all are NHRA tracks
matt..

fuck that i'm retiring...i'm gonna sell the car and buy a 996TT.
racing is too expensive for my blood, now i live in a cardboard box.

vnt :(

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
vntperformance said:
matt..

fuck that i'm retiring...i'm gonna sell the car and buy a 996TT.
racing is too expensive for my blood, now i live in a cardboard box.

vnt :(
Aww, ive heard that before. Wait until you hear the growl of your beast with the new motor, you may have a change of heart! I do feel you on the expensiveness though, I try to keep the mods minimal and just have fun!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts