Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.forbesautos.com/news/headlines/2007/april/fdc041307-sexiest_luxury_cars.html

--------------------------------------------

We thought it was getting to be a long time since Forbes had put together another Top Ten list, but this time the journal of choice for successful businessmen put a twist on the annual tradition: instead of simply picking ten cars and assigning ranks by degree of sexiness, Forbes picked the sexiest ride for each of ten categories of personalities, including ballers, mobsters, divorcés and talent agents. If you don't fit into any of the categories, chances are you probably don't have the cash to spend on any of these cars. But if you've got the greenbacks and don't match the list, you might have to figure it out for yourself.

It's all a matter of taste, but Chris Bangle fans will notice the conspicuous absence of any BMWs, while enthusiasts of Italian automobiles will take note of the the Maserati, the Lamborghini and the two Ferraris that made the cut.

Here's what Forbes has nominated for this year:

Sexiest Car for Hip-Hop Moguls: Rolls-Royce Phantom
Sexiest Car for Hollywood Agents: Lexus LS Hybrid
Sexiest Car for Miami Beach Plastic Surgeons: Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster
Sexiest Car for Mobsters: Cadillac Escalade & EXT
Sexiest Car for Newly Divorced Dads: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Sexiest Car for Newly Divorced Moms: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
Sexiest Car for Lobbyists: Cadillac CTS
Sexiest Car for Forbes Readers: Maserati Quattroporte
Sexiest Car for NBA Players: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Sexiest Car for Driving Purists: Aston Martin DB9 and Ferrari F430 (tie)

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
I don't really see a DB9 as a "purist" sports car. The F430 I would agree with, but the DB9 is just a sexy GT cruiser.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i like how the car for newly divorced moms costs 300% more than the car for newly divorced dads. Lesson = if you're a guy. don't get divorced.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i like the price diff. between the divorced men and women. Alimony is a bitch!

·
Registered
345 Posts
It should say Aston Martin Vanquish. You know the supercharged V-12

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Here's what I have nominated for this hour:

Sexiest Car for Hip-Hop Moguls: Chevrolet Impala SS- You need room to throw some D's on that and fit in the lift kit. I like my beat down low and my top let back, chrome feet down low, my Impala wet black....

Sexiest Car for Hollywood Agents: Porsche Cayman S- Just because you claim you're not metrosexual it does not mean you don't still need to convince your clients of the fact.

Sexiest Car for Miami Beach Plastic Surgeons: Bentley Continental Flying Spur- Honestly, nothing else is as completely shallow as this car. Who would not want to sex that up? I will tell you who; people looking for a sex change, that's who.

Sexiest Car for Mobsters: Mercedes S65 AMG- Commission order bulletproofing, room for the bitches and hoes, and enough thrust to throw out Vida Guerra's back at every stop light. Ever. Automatic transmission and a stalk mounted shifter means you can gangster lean on demand.

Sexiest Car for Newly Divorced Dads: Cadillac CTS-V- It's obvious Forbes got one thing right; every man needs some LSx loving in his life. It's also obvious you need room to carry the three children she won't ever let you see again that you so desperately miss.

Sexiest Car for Newly Divorced Moms: Mini Cooper Convertible- Girls think these are cuter than those little marshmellow easter bunnies.

Sexiest Car for Lobbyists: Toyota Prius- Lobbyist is a bad word for me, I associate it with negative things. Just the thing pious lobbyists trying to ban modified cars would say. What better way to decriminalize your political correctness than to point fingers from your hybrid?

Sexiest Car for Forbes Readers: Buick Lucerne- Real men buy WSJ and throw up some sets whenever those liberals on the 4 train show off their NYT's.

Sexiest Car for NBA Players: Range Rover Supercharged- I don't want to hear your excuses. Is the NBA full of ants? A ballers car must be atleast twice the size of any Ferrari. For good measure it should have 4 proper seats and enough room for a stashbox to hide your stuff and keep you out of jail for another week or two.

Sexiest Car for Driving Purists: M3- F you Forbes, you left them out on purpose.

·
Banned
381 Posts
Sexiest Car for Driving Purists: Aston Martin DB9 and Ferrari F430 (tie)

I would have to say there is at least 10 cars I can think of off the top of my head that are better for "Purists". Though are they sexier? At least some are....F40 mmmmmm

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Please elaborate. Im not familiar with the supercharged V12. If it exists that is.
It exists. Vanquish "S" version.

V-12 from Aston Martin is a 6.0 liter V-12 520hp 425lb ft torque. NA version.
Supercharged is a a "vaporware" aftermarket setup. Does not exist as far as I know. Aston martin did get the rumor mill running about it.

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/thecars/vanquishs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts