Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
Looks pretty good. I wish they made a sedan or coupe of that instead of truck though...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm pretty sure they do now actually. It's a sedan, and eventually everything forward of the windshield is identical. Can't remember what it's called though...but it's a pretty sweet car.

EDIT: I'm thinking of the Falcon XR8...but I guess it's not turbo like this is. There's also a Falcon XR6T which has a 4.0L turbo I6.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Joe89 said:
I wish ford made nice stuff over here :(
we do, its called the Baja, and it ugly and doesnt sell.

i dont think this would sell, turbo or not. Hell Ford cant even get the Focus down, they are going to handle a turbo motor?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ford XR6 Turbos sell like crazy in Australia.

If Ford Australia was ever to export these they shouldn't change it and make it look butt-ugly like they did to the Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO.

·
6,137 Posts
whats good for the goose isnt good for the gander though. Cars the size of a mexican penis with tiny diesels sell like mad in Europe, but make up VERY small percent of cars sold here.

·
Registered
648 Posts
you know a lot about mexican penis eh?

anyway, the whole front end looks very subaru. i think it has a good look, but people don't like baja-ish cars.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts

The sedan version looks very good. Why can't they sell cars like that in the US? Damn Ford.

How much power is 270kW and 550Nm?

·
6,137 Posts
yeah the sedan is much cooler. I actually like it, although I'd be so weary everytime that thing boosts....

Baja Turbo - 210hp, sits a little high sure, but still ugly as sin.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
BTW, are those Typhoons and Tornados AWD or RWD?? I searched all over the net and not a single source say what kind of drivetrain it has :p

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Rookie84 said:
BTW, are those Typhoons and Tornados AWD or RWD?? I searched all over the net and not a single source say what kind of drivetrain it has :p
I'm gonna say RWD, because on FPV's site they mention a "unique 2-piece driveshaft"...I know that doesn't make it RWD automatically, but I'd say AWD isn't likely...they'd probably mention the AWD if it had AWD, too.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's RWD, the only AWD Australian made performance car is the HSV Coupe4

·
Registered
365 Posts
BPUKiller said:
So we get the ford 500 and the koala ausi bears get that?

Sam
Now I for the most part have refrained from any SHO comments lately, but that Typhoon is what they need to bring over and call a new SHO. That's just me personally though. Either way it's one damn sexy car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts