Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 90's SUV boom, that had the Detroit automakers neglecting their regular line ups, there still happened to be some interesting designs come out.

So speaking of say auto's from the past 15 years, what are your favorites?

Heres some to get it rolled

-Cadillac Eldorado, i'm really curious what this thing would look like lowered on some tasteful wheels

-Lincoln Mark VIII, quad cam ford mod motor, cool interior. the revised neon taillights were slick. anyone think it would look badass with a set of those cobra R replica wheels, sn95 style?

This one is kind of cheating, and even though dodge/chrysler gets a lot of criticism nowadays, this was the only company to drop wild cars like this prowler, viper, etc.

ford thunderbird - overpriced?

impala ss - LT1 was alright...

Any others?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have always had a weak spot for those LT1 Impala SS's. Ive always thought the thunderbird would be sweet with a 32 valve v8 in there.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Never driven one but I heard the Ford Probe was good for its day. Actually looked pretty good compared to alot of crappy looking sports compacts that came after it.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
I've always liked the Dodge Spirit R/T's - talk about a sleeper...

+1.... that was a badass little sedan!! At least I have some of the turbo dodge dynasty (87 Shelby Z)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Those are some pretty good choices...all were pretty cool when they first came out...I used to think the Eagle Talon and Dodge Stealth were awesome when I was about 12...I wasn't aware of domestics/imports, or the relationship with Mitsubishi, but I knew they looked cooler than my parents Dodge Aries.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Daym those cars are ugly.

·
Food and fast cars...
146 Posts
I can't believe people thought it was fashionable to drive around in a black taxi cab wearing fancy wheels and tyres just because it was called "Impala SS". Fuck me, that car is ghastly. :barf: In fact, all of the Yank cars pictured are quite repulsive. If it wasn't for the ZR-1 Corvette and later LS1 C5, I am afraid the 90's would have been a complete wash for GM...

Cheers,
Gordon R.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
What I could never understand about the Prowler was why did they put a V6 into it? Whoever made that call was a complete moron.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I can't believe people thought it was fashionable to drive around in a black taxi cab wearing fancy wheels and tyres just because it was called "Impala SS". Fuck me, that car is ghastly. :barf: In fact, all of the Yank cars pictured are quite repulsive. If it wasn't for the ZR-1 Corvette and later LS1 C5, I am afraid the 90's would have been a complete wash for GM...

Cheers,
Gordon R.
Pardon me for asking, but what did Rover produce that tops what was posted?

I don't know if the cars I'm about to mention were forgotten, but they go down as cool in my book.

Typhoon:

Syclone:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
first car i drove was a Prowler at the age of 12.

Love the Mark VIII's, I've bought and sold 3 and enjoyed driving them around.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Pardon me for asking, but what did Rover produce that tops what was posted?

I don't know if the cars I'm about to mention were forgotten, but they go down as cool in my book.

Typhoon:

Syclone:
Definitely worthy. These guys were years ahead of any competition in the truck world. The 1sty gen lightnings were pigs compared to sy/ty's. Some day I will own one as a vehicle of interest, ive always wanted one.

Also worthy of mention: Dodge Colt GT... but I guess it was more of a mitsubishi product. I had one back in the day... i think it was like my 2nd or 3rd car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a thing for tastefully modded Buick Regal GS. They were supercharged and are pretty easy to get into the high 12's low 13's, and a 4 door at that. Also ride very smooth, and have a nearly bulletproof 3.8. They have some problem's like all car's, but I think overall it's one of the best daily drivers I've owned. I paid $2600 for mine, it's a black 97 w/ 107k miles on it.. interior was flawless, few dings on the exterior but overall nice. Already got a pulley and supporting mods on the way, hoping to get some nice rim's soon. :) Great sleeper!

Also have a thing for Marauders.. Great looking car's out of the 90's, perhaps a bit more mechanical problem's, but overall I love the styling.

Hell, Maybe I just think any car looks good in black. That SS Impala up there is one of my favorites as well.

Josh

1 - 20 of 75 Posts