Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
sucks!!

they are giving drifting a bad name

they are making drifting the figure skating of car sports

drifting started in the mountains of japan as a way to get down the hill the fastest.. and thats what it should be used for..

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Alternet said:
sucks!!

they are giving drifting a bad name

they are making drifting the figure skating of car sports

drifting started in the mountains of japan as a way to get down the hill the fastest.. and thats what it should be used for..
uhhh. no. i am not a huge fan of "drift", but it definately didn't start as "a way to get down the hill the fastest". drifting is the slow way around the turns. (with the exception of on the dirt)

and besides, Drifting IS figure skating! :lol: have you seen how they "dress up" the cars? total gheyness.

:lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Okay. Drifting in a racing sense is to create new lines, not limit yourself to a conventional line. The show is okay, but nothing new. They should feature some more stuff about the formula d drivers driving with more personal in-car footage. I can forgive Alternet, he's canadian. :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
turbomx5 said:
uhhh. no. i am not a huge fan of "drift", but it definately didn't start as "a way to get down the hill the fastest". drifting is the slow way around the turns. (with the exception of on the dirt)

and besides, Drifting IS figure skating! :lol: have you seen how they "dress up" the cars? total gheyness.

:lol:

they dress up the cars because they are stupid ricers. lol

but yes drifting did start as away to get around corners faster. and if done properly in conjunction with grip driving (in other words knowing when to drift and when to use grip) it is faster then straight grip driving. but since everyone now a days has lost sight of that.. it has turned into a slower way and a laughing stock of a technique

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
My gay comment was just a joke. I'm a miata driver for crying outloud. :lol: If people get thier kicks from drifting instead of grip driving, then thats ok. The only people I think are a little silly are the guys that have the DRFT shirts, and act like they are hard core drifters, and either spend no time on track, or suck at it.

But I still stand by initial point. Drifting is not fast. or about speed. and is not the faster way around any paved set of roads. Please find a professional series run on pavement or asfault that the fastest driver "drift". If my car oversteers by more than 20 degrees, then my lap times are slower, not faster. period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts