Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was there shooting it last year and hopefully I will be there again this year. And rather than shooting in Beta SP, I'll be shooting HDV. Maybe I'll be mistaken for someone in the Drift Alliance video crew again like last year ha!!!! Just gotta find where I put that Drift Alliance shirt.........

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Formula Drift is coming back to Seattle!

www.formulad.com

Last year was a spectacular event!
Last year was too Eff'n hot. Some poor lady passed out of heat exhaustion and got taken away in an aid car !

·
Pixel slinger
553 Posts
hopefully this year, i can get some free rear tires from Sam Hubanette (sp?) his tire size is perfect for my MKIII :)

·
The WOMANIZER
249 Posts
Whenever I hear people complain about being too hot here in Washington I have to laugh because I am from the Palm Springs area...

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
^^ same here, I'm from phoenix...our summer weather is like spring down in AZ. Last year was sick...this year should be fun.

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
watched the guys practice today..yay i got to see familiar faces :) anyways i will go for the event tomorrow but the announcers did mention they liked Seattle the best as far as drift track!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
anyone that complains about seattle being too hot should come over here to easter wa. it was 99 and it's supposed to get hotter tomorrow. and yes I know how it compares to arrizona weather. my bro went to school in pheonix. said AZ feels about the same as the tri-cities cause az has no humidity.

·
Pixel slinger
553 Posts
it's TODAY?! But the schedule says June 2nd it's in W. Virginia. How's it going on today??? someone please correct me.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
It was 91deg last year but it was dry as heck with all the dust.
Im from cali and the heat there is different than here. My wife and I went back orange county last year and it was 93deg but it didnt feel all that hot. 93deg here feels like crap.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
wow too hot huh? was it like 80 or something like that?
Whenever I hear people complain about being too hot here in Washington I have to laugh because I am from the Palm Springs area...
^^ same here, I'm from phoenix...our summer weather is like spring down in AZ. Last year was sick...this year should be fun.
I don't know if you guys do it but it's funny when out of towners complain that it's cold when it's 65.

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
NOt me, I'm more than used to the colder weather now...but it still would drop below 40 in PHX sometimes. Not that often in fact hardly ever, but after 7 years in the NW I can still visit AZ in the summer and be ok with 110+. YOu just avoid the out doors unless there is a body of water involved.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The seattle event isnt for another month. its in July 14th at the Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh that's one thing I hate. When big events come to Washington, it's always "Blah blah blah, Seattle" even though it's in Monroe, it's Formula D Seattle. That and Warped Tour. It's in freakin George WA and all the bands are like "WHAT'S UP SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!" And I'm like "YOU'RE 8 HOURS AWAY FROM SEATTLE!!!!!!!!" Oh that bothers me.........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts