Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! While driving home today I couldn't believe what I saw at the local Toyota dealer. A blue with tan interior '97 Twin Turbo Supra with an automatic. It has 38,000 miles and is in showroom condition. My heart about fell out of my chest when I saw it sitting there. And of course, it has to be Sunday so I can't do anything about it until tomorrow. How much do you think this car is worth? I have a funny feeling I'll have this car sitting in my garage by Tuesday, but i wanted some expert opinions on this cars value before I buy. Also, what color blue is that? I honestly had no idea they even came in blue. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry guys, I posted this in the wrong section.:eek:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
lol i alread how a down payment on it sorry !:rolleyes:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Toyota dealers have caught on that these cars are worth much more than blue book, actually it's gotten to the point that their asking prices would lead you to believe that they were smoking crack when they set it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Francis K said:
Toyota dealers have caught on that these cars are worth much more than blue book, actually it's gotten to the point that their asking prices would lead you to believe that they were smoking crack when they set it.
I was wondering about that. I guess I'll know soon enough. Im just a little anxious. It's not very often that these cars show up locally for sale.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey quicksilver97, I think i know exactly which Supra you are talking about. It is in Hummels Wharf at Alexander Toyota. I saw it Friday night and went to the dealer Saturday. I already have an Auto Supra and was going to purchase if it was a 6-speed. The car is very well taken care of. I spent about an hour and a half talking with the salesman about the vehicle (most of the reps dont know what they have in this car). There is a scratch over the fender on the rear driver's side wheel well. Someone did a lousy touch-up job so it is easy to pick out. Other than that, i couldnt find anything else wrong with it. Started it up and sounded good. Engine was very clean. The tan seats didnt look like they were even used. Oh yeah, they are asking 49,990. Goodluck with your purchase. Too bad it wasnt a 6 speed cuz it would have been mine already.

See ya

P.S. If you are local, send me a PM.

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
wowwww im sooo maddddd i cant believe it man u should be like hey bitch wasnt that car sellin for 45 with 0 miles 5 years ago! dumbass? ;)

-Shant

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well TTBoy, that's the car. I just got off the phone with the salesman. $49,900 is their asking price. He said,"oh it's worth every penny". I told him I'd call him back in a year when they still have it. What a joke.:rolleyes:

G

·
Hey, What dealership is it at? I understand You may not want to tell me, but I mean I would pay the price if I could have that car.. it's what I'm looking for and I can't find any other low milage Auto RSP's .. So if you could please PM with with the phone number or address of the dealership I'd be greatful. Sincerely, Brett R, NJ. ~ thanks

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Tear Drop said:
Hey, What dealership is it at? I understand You may not want to tell me, but I mean I would pay the price if I could have that car.. it's what I'm looking for and I can't find any other low milage Auto RSP's .. So if you could please PM with with the phone number or address of the dealership I'd be greatful. Sincerely, Brett R, NJ. ~ thanks
look about 3 or 4 posts above you

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Those dealers must be smoking some good shiet! :weed:
You can find single turbo supras that have been very well
taken cared of and very well tuned for under $50k now a days :eek: Just check out the "for sale" section, there are plenty good supras out there in the market for a decent price. good luck.

-Phu

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
FWIW(not much), I bought my 97 6spd TT RSP withe 36000 miles on it from a dealer for 30,000 even. The story goes, I saw this car on a website similar to Autotrader, so I call the dealer, He was in OH, I am in CA. He says, "It's the strangest thing, we posted the car on this website an hour ago, and I have a guy flying from NY, and one from Chicago to come see it tomorrow." I ask a couple questions, turns out it's a lease return, and the dealership has full records on the car. I tell him, I'll take it, tell the others to save their tickets. A week later the car arrives on a car carrier, and I have a mint 6 speed RSP in my driveway, miracles do happen :D Carl Byck

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow Carl that is a miracle. . . hahaha. I would think you stole that car. Great deal and I'm sure there are still more out there, just have to have your eyes and ears open.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great point TTBoy! So guys, do me a favor, If a nice '97 or '98 shows up at a decent price, let me know. :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hate to say I told you so.......

I've been through this bullshit with the Toyota dealers before. It's not just Supras, ever tried to buy a used certified Lexus?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Francis K said:
Hate to say I told you so.......

I've been through this bullshit with the Toyota dealers before. It's not just Supras, ever tried to buy a used certified Lexus?
Don't worry, I pretty much expected it. I know how all car dealers are in my area, and I should've known better to even call, but I had to just to make sure. Oh well, my search continues...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts