Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently throwing a code 22 from my ECU temp sensor plug falling apart and I got curious about why the engine still runs while throwing the code but struggles to idle for the first 20 seconds or so on a cold start and will die if you don't give it throttle with that sensor not plugged in. In my curiosity I stumbled across this TCCS training manual while searching and thought it might be interesting to folks here as well.

It's a PDF so add it to your local archives just in case :)

As far as my own curiosity goes, it seems that not having that sensor plugged is affecting the "Start Injection Control", page 70, where during start up it's difficult to determine the amount of air coming in from the AFM so the ECU defaults to a "basic injection duration" from it's memory specifically for when you first start the engine that's based on engine speed and...coolant temp! (signal THW)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A code 22 will cause the ECU to default to 80C for coolant temperature. That makes cold starts a bitch.
Hah! Yeah it's extremely rough for those first 20 seconds or so, she barely hangs on with the throttle wide open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts