1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Let us know how well it works!

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
Um.. that battery is made more for audio systems, I don't think it would last as a car battery unless you trickle charge it every night... read the description... aight peace :run:

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry doods, i asked the guy. He said it can be SOLELY USED AS A BATTERY. By the way my peeps at MR2faq.com said it was ok lol.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
it is a 70% capacitor 30% battery. Best of luck to you if your car don't crank right away. You WILL be wishing that you had a REAL battery ;)

ahh found some number. can only do peak amperage for 8 seconds. That is not alot of time to drain that shit dry ;)

and in the end.. you still need to vent the sucker like any other battery save for dry cells ;)

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
just get a red top and throw it in the pass rear...fits real good and redistributes weight nicely.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
yeah thats just a rebadged odyessey/hawker genesis battery. www.batterymart.com
make a bunch of diff sizes and much cheaper.
most guys that run those batts use a battery tender. those are on that site as well.

dave

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well day four with the battery, my fans blowing hard while the cars off and using appliances to it. No problems. Instructions clearly say thanks for buying and it can be used solely as a battery. Battery sits at 12.45 all day while the cars off. Keep you all informed.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
suprahajimoto said:
Well day four with the battery, my fans blowing hard while the cars off and using appliances to it. No problems. Instructions clearly say thanks for buying and it can be used solely as a battery. Battery sits at 12.45 all day while the cars off. Keep you all informed.

they say it is almost like a deep charging battery. If i were you i would test to see how long it can cold crank the engine over. Just disconnect the EFI fuse and crank away. I hope it is more than 8 seconds ;).

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
figgie said:
they say it is almost like a deep charging battery. If i were you i would test to see how long it can cold crank the engine over. Just disconnect the EFI fuse and crank away. I hope it is more than 8 seconds ;).
yep thats the first test i did when i got the battery. Dont want to burn up my starter though. Promise to do it once a week and post here fer ya all.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
suprahajimoto said:
yep thats the first test i did when i got the battery. Dont want to burn up my starter though. Promise to do it once a week and post here fer ya all.

no need to do it once a week :) just once. And if it still lives after 8 seconds. You are good to go :)

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
figgie said:
no need to do it once a week :) just once. And if it still lives after 8 seconds. You are good to go :)
mmmmmm, good to go eh, is that how it works??? Well I did it for 12 WHOLE SECONDS TODAY and it still starts. I guess im good to go.... Naaa, dood I would have to use my voltmeter and see that it dosent drop below 9.5 volts when cranking before I think im good to go and that would be on a weekly basis to satisfy my standards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts