Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I almost gave up my search for a slick top S-Chassis with prices ticking up for hot garbage drift missiles. Last year, I owned a slick top S14 in FL but sold it when we got orders to NM… it was a project that didn't start bc of my back surgery.

Two weeks ago I was browsing MarketPlace for camera lenses, and a coupe 1992 240SX popped up as a new listing in Lubbock,TX. It’s only a 90min drive to the car! Everything else I found worthy of purchase was back in FL or over in CA. It drove amazing on the test drive, had ice cold A/C, and it was maintained by the 15yo owner and his father—a retired firehouse Chief out of Sacramento.

I paid $8,500 and trailered it back home.

MODS:
Mishimoto rad w/fans
BC coilovers
5-lug conversion
R32 GTR seats
300Z brakes (front & rear)
1pc driveshaft
ISR FUCA/FLCA
ISR header
HKS exhaust
Harness bar
… can’t remember rest
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Grille

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Steering part

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow you found a good one. I had to part with an 86 200SX Hatch Back that I had owned long term right before a cross country move in 2008. Later that same year, the owner of the house we ended up buying had your year and color clean 240SX Hatch Back with the 5MT, and sunroof with about 100k miles on it in the garage. He would not deal it with the house no matter what I offered him. Would have made me forget about the 200SX I had just parted with if he had sold me the 240 with the house.

Looks good next to the Supra. Enjoy it. That KA24DE engine will be running long after the world ends.

·
Super Moderator
11,139 Posts
NICE work. Reminds me of how the search for my MKIII transpired.

Ken.

Reactions: stockred03

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What are your plans with it? I've only owned two nissans, a 95 240SE that I 1JZ swapped, and a 91 I think bone stock clean chassis that I flipped for like a grand 15 years ago (major regret, had lower miles, white, and pretty mint). I'd set it up for swapping the motor out of the Supra into it, while keeping the rest of the car looking OEM as a casual sleeper, as a lot of people don't see these cars very often.

·
2JZ S13
2,222 Posts
Good find, as a S13 Coupe owner and MKIV owner, it kills me seeing how crazy s-chassis prices are now a days.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks mint! What’re the plans for it
Likely will ride out on the KA24DE for a bit. Very healthy engine. I have a few JZs laying around I may put in eventually.

Wow you found a good one. I had to part with an 86 200SX Hatch Back that I had owned long term right before a cross country move in 2008. Later that same year, the owner of the house we ended up buying had your year and color clean 240SX Hatch Back with the 5MT, and sunroof with about 100k miles on it in the garage. He would not deal it with the house no matter what I offered him. Would have made me forget about the 200SX I had just parted with if he had sold me the 240 with the house.

Looks good next to the Supra. Enjoy it. That KA24DE engine will be running long after the world ends.
Yeah I’ll hold onto this one for awhile. Your guy knew what he had!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Good find, as a S13 Coupe owner and MKIV owner, it kills me seeing how crazy s-chassis prices are now a days.
They would be a lot higher if the Skylines weren't available. We would just toss these things into poles and fly them off the road as shit box chassis back in the day, just like the 350Z, G35, etc. I don't see these cars maturing for a long time, especially with the 400 out now.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel you. My last S13 was in 2005 and only paid $3K for it. My brother owned almost 20 of them… blows his mind now.

What are your plans with it? I've only owned two nissans, a 95 240SE that I 1JZ swapped, and a 91 I think bone stock clean chassis that I flipped for like a grand 15 years ago (major regret, had lower miles, white, and pretty mint). I'd set it up for swapping the motor out of the Supra into it, while keeping the rest of the car looking OEM as a casual sleeper, as a lot of people don't see these cars very often.
That’ll prob be the long term plan. Tho this will be a first VVTI build for me whenever I do it.

I really wanted a slicktop S14 kouki, but just can’t stomach $25K when I have most of my funds tied into a Supra.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I really wanted a slicktop S14 kouki, but just can’t stomach $25K when I have most of my funds tied into a Supra.
Right? I bought my 95 SE with an RB20 swap for six grand in 2006ish and that car had been garaged the whole time and had less than 60k on it. I JZ swapped (4kish) and outfitted the suspension (about 5k in SPL shit alone) and that was a high money build back then. Can't even buy a nice, fun, stock car for that now.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right? I bought my 95 SE with an RB20 swap for six grand in 2006ish and that car had been garaged the whole time and had less than 60k on it. I JZ swapped (4kish) and outfitted the suspension (about 5k in SPL shit alone) and that was a high money build back then. Can't even buy a nice, fun, stock car for that now.
Yup, Zenkis are slipping out of reach quickly.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Whatcha got?
*B-Series trans rebuild parts, new in dealer bags (gears, race-bearings, misc pieces)
*2x B-Series VSSs
*2x B16A ECUs OBD-0
*BNIB Wiseco B18 pistons (10.1:1, 81.5mm)
*EK/EJ B-Series mount brackets (full set)
*SuperTech valve train (Ti-Springs, valves, guides, seals)
*B18C1 70mm TB
*D16 VTEC ECU
*B18C1 stock rods
*Box of random parts from CRX build

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1990 DX Hatch I’ve begun to strip down for paint. I’ll be doing a basic B20V build. Selling the above parts will allow me some extra funds to move this project along before I start on the 240SX.

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
*SuperTech valve train (Ti-Springs, valves, guides, seals)

*Box of random parts from CRX build
Have you seen my CRX build thread? lol. What CRX stuff do you have? I might be interested in the valve train as well if it all fits a B16A head.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts