Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My father was cleaning out some stuff earlier, found some of his grandfathers old stocks. Any way to find out if they are worth anything? I ran quick Google searches on them all, it seems the companies may be gone by now. Here's the names if anyone can find any useful information on them

Voss Oil Company
Fairfield General Corporation
Rapid-American Corporation
Guidance Technology, Inc.
Walter Wadsworth & Company Inc.
New Monte Cristo Mining Co.

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i found that site, i didnt think it would be smart to pay someone $35 to research a likely worthless piece of paper, since i cant find any info on it myself.

One of the stocks is a $100,000 stock signed in 1920.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Does it have an exchange name or number on them? Or dates of purchase?

Guidance tech is several companies and Voss is a private company. Rapid-Americian has small private shares, but last activity was in the early 80s. New Monte came up with a gold mine but also failures and some banking scandal( I would look in into that one for just historical value) Wadsworth came up with nothing. Fairfield dissolved afters its avionics company liquidated to pay off Elvis Presley.

So nothing.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Guidance Tech is several different companies all using that name. Which one is yours who knows.

Voss appears to be real. It may not be the same company however.

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some more info:

Voss - Number B-5114, dated 3/7/60
Fairfield - Number 6658, dated 2/23/72
Rapid American - Numbers 76153 and 76154, dated 5/4/79
Guidance - Number LU4077, dated 8/3/74
Wadsworth - Number 119, dated 4/5/20
New Monte - Numbers 17636 and 8859, dated 10/31/29 and 4/14/27

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
numbers dont work for me.

Maybe that old stock search thing may be a good idea. They may have historical value, the documents themselves might be worth something to a collector or business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts