Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im going to slick tire night at Gateway international raceway tonite, gonna throw in 110oct, got my slicks on, and once i was done prepping the car i decided to cruise out and see how they do. so i expected id slide around alot when they were cold so that was no suprise, but i figured they would hook a bit better once i warmed em up. so i went to a side road(pictured) did a good 30sec smokey and then tried to launch...smoked the tires off through 2nd ~75. i walked it and i laid down two black strips 225ft. lol so i just had to take a pic. it seems deciving in the pic but it took me almost 30 secs to run out to take the pic.... enjoy

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,097 Posts
Now that I think about it... you must have been doing that today when I was working on my car too. :)

MKIII owners around the world all working at the same time :)

I was extending this:

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ MKIII owners NEVER stop working on their cars... there is always something.

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go 1j, youll just have to put gas in it, lol

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did the slicks handle on the track? I'm looking for some slicks to stick on my MKIII 5 spokes.
Id say go et streets, not the ET radials, but the ones that look just like slicks with lines in them. unless you are sub 10 sec they actually hook better and have the wrinkle wall also. I wish i could tell you if these hooked well, but my clutch went out the window anytime i tried to launch too hard on them on the track.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Saweeeeeeeeet fuckin' front rims. I love the last pic, how much pressure are you running in the slicks?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
thats an awesome picture!

~scott

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I've personally seen cars pull and carry the front wheels on the street, also seen people break axles, and driveshafts, on the street...Slicks will hook on the street...just need some prepping.

Go back to that same spot, or a more remote one, and take some of VP racing's LC6 track adhesive. It's premixed so it's ready to go right out of the can. Roll through it before you do your burnout (don't do your burn out in it) and back up to just before that puddle, like the waterbox. It's stickiest right where you were doing your burnout, but just b/c it's a traction compound doesn't mean that you can launch in it. If that makes sense. Also like Brent said, make sure it's somewhat clean, at least for the first 30 to 40 feet.

Dunno if you were wanting to get it to hook on the street but, just in case. ;)

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saweeeeeeeeet fuckin' front rims. I love the last pic, how much pressure are you running in the slicks?
20psi these arent wrinkle wall slicks, i just let out enough air so that the entire "tread" was touching the ground.

Oh and heres one with both rims:

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
I have Monsoons too, thats why I was like "sweeeet rims" Lol.

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well lets see pics.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Heres a few, damned chipped bumper, fucking potholes lol. What size are yours and what size tires are you running? Mine are 17's with 245/40/17 front and rear, the car is lowered and the camber is horribly negative on the back, even with an alignment.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Man I always enjoy your vids, pics, etc. I must have watched the vid where you raced an SRT4 and Camaro, when you were still 7M, a dozen times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts