Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats ur opinion on FR VS FF in circuit racing?? im stuck on wheather i should stick to my civic or my supra i just bought (b16a civic vs 1jz tt supra ) help???

·
Evil Shenanigans
623 Posts
A FR is the superior chassis. The fastest FF cars will always fall short of the fastest FR cars.

However, Civics have HUGE aftermarket support and can be made into very potent track racers relatively easy and cheap. There's also a lot of groups to run them with, like Honda Challenge with NASA.

·
Registered
208 Posts
FR is a better layout, but you can definatly make a FF platform work.

Sofar it's working for me:)

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
FF (and AWD) is easier to drive, particularly in inclement weather.

FR or MR is more of a purist platform and requires more of the driver (therefore will have commensurate greater improvement for the driver). YMMV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 1991 type r civic but it has sum rust but the big problem is the wiring some of the gauges dont work like the gas and temp when i buyed it the person cut the harness whenhe was putting the b16 or sumthing but there are alot of lose wires

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
both platforms follow the same mantra:

Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?

It will be cheaper to track the civic. And compared to other cars in its class will be really fast. The same can be said about the supra. but the cost to get it there will be significantly higher.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It will be cheaper to track the civic. And compared to other cars in its class will be really fast. The same can be said about the supra. but the cost to get it there will be significantly higher.
+1 civic will be cheaper to track, it will be a good car to learn on, cheap parts for wear and tear items.

Are you looking to do club races, track days, time attacks, etc...?

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Civic will be much easier on brakes, tires, joints, etc. Supra is heavy, will be hard on brakes, tires as well as susp. joints.

For classing; Improved touring, Honda Challenge for the Civic. I don't know of any for the Supra, especially that it would be competitive in.

Parts availability, I've had friends run and grab a caliper & rotor without missing a session in a Honda. I've left an event early from a coolant line that couldn't be reached on the lot. Maintenance is easier on the Honda.

More fun? I've never driven a FF on track but have ridden in several. Fast guys really throw them around to be fast. FR takes more moderation IMO, not saying more skill but different skills. The Supra is a lot of fun, depends on what you're after.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts