Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok like the topic says simple easy as to why does or does not.....

My reason is it doesnt because ive seen alot of welding/modifications done to track cars that its pretty much not the car no more just a big chunk of metal :rockon:....also wouldnt it be stronger if you inforced the chassis, spot welds, and other methods such as roll cages....i hear all the stories of how no once frame is hit its not the same....like mysteriously when your taking a turn your car wont respond the same....wtf?! i mean im looking at it in a logic point of way and i see that for responce mod your suspension....for frame just support the metal from flexing as little as possible keep it solid.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
I don't really think that it's the rigidity that is in question after an accident, it is the "trueness" of the frame. It is hard to say if the frame will ever be perfectly straight again.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
I wonder if thats true aswell. Watching Horse Power TV the new stuff they have now uses mirrors now to bounce lasers off the chassis to get it straight so I really dont believe this who-da about the frame not being the same anymore.

Also our cars are OLD. Father time has taken a toll on majorty of our cars and natural things such as sagging and warpping can happen to our cars and most likly majorty of supras out there are not as straight-edge like it should be.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sully is correct. If you have your frame straightened by today's "state of the art" laser machines they can get it dead on and in some cases it could be straighter than when it rolled out of the factory.

·
Registered
665 Posts
the frame has to be repaired by a very reputable shop who is capable of the repair. Remeber any prblems you have while driving normaly are only magnified when your driving level goes to more extremely levels such as speed, or heavy accel, or turning. But to answr your ? Yes frame damage con be completely repaired.especially in a unibody like the supra

1 - 6 of 6 Posts