Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's small but you get the idea. I will let Frank answer questions. This is with no cam gears or ITC.

Later, Steve

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe something was wrong with the dyno wideband. His FJO was reading 11.8:1. And was 11.3:1 without any fuel tuning. This is why I would believe the FJO.

Later, Steve

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was only holding 19psi to redline. If we can get it to hold 20+ psi and cam gears than maybe 475rwhp.

Later, Steve

P

·
0 Posts
I can confirm the dyno wideband was off......way off. Found out later a reed valve was stuck open with carbon on the vacuum pump.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
FMIC? Frank made 4 rwhp more than my BPU+FMIC car, if he didn't have a front mount I'm very impressed!

My car has nver held more than 17 psi to redline.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Wow, good numbers. Get some cam gears for some more hp

greg

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frank has the following HP modifications.

"MAX AIR" intake
Spring on wastegate arm to help hold more boost to redline
Greddy 3-row FMIC
Apexi Super AFC
Greddy BCC
3" downpipe
Veilside Titanium exhaust

BTW this was without icing the intake or spraying the intercooler.

Later, Steve

B

·
0 Posts
Cool, ya had me a lil scared for a second:) Did ya'll ever get that AFC 2 thing worked out? Killer numbers, get some cam gears on that car!

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will lean out the mixture above 4,000rpm, but it won't richen the mixture. It works fine below 4,000rpm. We still haven't figured out what the problem is. We have even istalled an old five knob S-AFC with the same results.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys,I replaced the timing belt ,waterpump,hoses and exaust cam gear this past week end.I also put more tension on the wastgate spring mod,maybe it will hold a little more boost now.The car feels a little more responsive and stronger,probably
just in my mind thou.I need to get back on the dyno and retest.I have the cam gear guessed at -4 degrees,best results on the past 3 cars with exaust cam gear only.By the way this was on unleaded race fuel.My car also has aquamist water injection.
Thanks,Frank

B

·
0 Posts
Is that thing by chance an OBDII car with an OBDI ECU in it? Have ya'll tried swapping ECU's?

It wouldnt surprise me if you actually did feel something from the cam gear, Frank. Retarding that exhaust cam does a whole bunch:D(~15ft/lbs)

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Brad Mayo said:
Is that thing by chance an OBDII car with an OBDI ECU in it? Have ya'll tried swapping ECU's?

I had issues w/ an OBD2 car w/ an OBD1 ecu on stock fuel system, but never on the upgraded fuel system. The only thing I could think of was maybe the fpr vsv was disconnecting the FPR from the intake manifold w/ the "wrong" ECU there, and this went away with the bigger fuel system.

Try putting a FP gauge on it...

Andi

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Franks car is an OBDI with a stock OBDI ECU.

Later, Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts