Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so here's the steps I've taken to correct with no success:

1) rewired KS straight to ECU with coax (used the metal braiding on the coax to connect to a ground wire

2) bought one new KS and swapped out the KS between front and rear

3) pounded my head on the concrete relentlessly

So, what are the odds that suddenly I have 2 bad KS? Would a problem in ECU cause just a problem with KS? Are there any fuses in the kick panels for just the KS?(that last question maybe stupid but I'm getting desperate) The braided wire on coax is not touching the actual coax either...only thing I'm doing is getting good at removing the KS's by just removing alternator..... :dunno:

Robert B
89T

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
i doubt you have 2 bad knock sensors, but you never know. this may sound silly but where did you mount the ground wire that is soldered to the metal braid?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mounted the two in the engine bay onto the body & the two closer to ecu end are grounded to the lower portion of the metal framing the glove box fits into.

Robert B

·
2,198 Posts
i know this will make zero sense, but try this. remove the grounds at the ecu side, clear the codes and see what happens.

good luck

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
odd...removed the ground wires at the ecu side & now car wont start at all, even when I connect the ground wires back

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
oftentimes, an inadequate ground will contribute to a code 52. Put in some better ground wires to include one from the alternator bracket to the battery.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
its BHG,

·
2,198 Posts
robbro89t said:
odd...removed the ground wires at the ecu side & now car wont start at all, even when I connect the ground wires back
whoa heavy duty!

did you put the efi fuse back in?

maybe the ground wires are touching something?

as p5150 said, maybe you should try regrounding at the motor side. might also want to make a continuity test b/w the braid and the conductor and make sure there isnt any kind of conductivity.

the reason i mentioned the removal of the grounds at the ecu side was way back in the day on the sogi list i remem someone having the same problem and grounding at the motor side only solved the problem.

man i hope you get it sorted.

dave

·
2,198 Posts
oh and another thing, not sure what coax cable you used. you sure it isnt attenuated cable?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's the came coax used for television cable; the weird part abt it not wanting to start is i dont think I'm getting any fuel now and it seems like it is cranking a lot faster then it normally does....any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts