Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sorry for the tricky tagline. Here is the deal...

I am stronly considering selling my 1997 NA-T or trading it for a NA + Cash. I have put hundreds of hours of labor into the car, and about $10,000 (Wheels, tires, interior, seats etc on top of the turbo kit). The car is just a new fuel computer away from putting down 400rwhp at 18psi.

Why am I selling it? It runs and idles awesome, so it isn't because I am not happy with the car. I owe the IRS in the neighborhood of $70,000. No shit. My new job as a yacht salesman doesn't pay squat if I am not selling boats - which I am not.

I have a kid locally who might buy it for $30,000. If that doesn't work out, then the next course of action is a trade. I would be happy to take a nice N/A plus some cash. Then I could do another NA-T next Winter. How much cash depends on how nice your N/A is and what goes with my car.

Check out the pics and stats at http://www.doubleodd.com/supra/supra.html

Unfortunately, I am very serious about my financial picture, and therefore the necessity to do something with my baby.

Send me an email if you are interested: [email protected]

Thank you,
Scott Hayne

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
ok ok ill do a strait up trade but only for you. Mines all ready for a motor swap :D all you need is a motor:rolleyes: ;) :eek:

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
That sucks Frank.... actually the IRS sucks. :( I hope you get it figured out so you can keep the car... It sucks to put that much effort into something and not get some enjoyment out of it.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell me about it! If I get $30k for it, that may soften the blow a bit. Otherwise, the trade isn't a bad scenario for me either. Having done the conversion once already, I think I could do it pretty quick if I were to next winter.

Hopefully I sell a couple boats and then I can keep her!

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Sweet! lol... guess I wasn't patient enough to hunt around for those hidden buttons. :) Hey, where did you get the long wheel studs? Are they metric? Direct install?

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moroso .560 knurl, 7/16-20 thread, and 2.75 in long. Had to use a dremel tool to grind down the knurl (.558 is what I think Toyota stockers are) and I also had to cut down the length of the studs on the rear in order to get them on because there was no clearance with the dust sheild, and I couldn't get the hubs off.

Then I got wheel lugs from Prestige Auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts