Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched for free mods and havent found any for some reason?:eek: well newayz if there any free mods can you tell me and also what is the very first mod i should get with the Supra? haha thnx! :TTIWWP:

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
downpipe and exhaust along with a cone filter i believe would be your first mods. get rid of the damn cats.

then you could vent your wastegate hose and do the poor man's BCC by removing the vacuum line to the turbo pressure sensor.

but i'd get some gauges so u can tell what that things doing before u start going too wild. get the downpipe and exhaust, thenw ork on playing with boost levels.

btw, use the search feature and you might get some better answers.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Just FYI, Just8urv8 is only 14 and doesn't have a Supra.

EDIT - I don't think you should use other people's cars in your sig. pic. It gives the wrong impression.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know, getting one in the summer, and i like that picture

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
either in the summer or in the spring, and plus i might save up and get parts early

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Why on earth would you want to modify a Supra that you can't even drive, and then when you can drive it, you'll be learning to drive on a 400rwhp monster? Do you have any idea how much harder to handle a BPU Supra is over a stock Supra?

Unless you WANT to kill yourself, don't modify it, at all. Better yet, get something that you are less likely to crash and get the Supra when you are old enough and have enough experience to handle one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
Why on earth would you want to modify a Supra that you can't even drive, and then when you can drive it, you'll be learning to drive on a 400rwhp monster? Do you have any idea how much harder to handle a BPU Supra is over a stock Supra?

Unless you WANT to kill yourself, don't modify it, at all. Better yet, get something that you are less likely to crash and get the Supra when you are old enough and have enough experience to handle one.

don't listen to him everyone has there own opinions, just be carefull and have fun. as for the mods, remove trac fuse and check out the tech section on mkiv.com

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If there are free mods out there, why the f###, did i spend all my hard earned cash.
Man!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
your 14 and getting a tt supra? fuk that, you need to learn how to actualy handle a car, before you go trying to control some tt supra. a turbo supra will not let you learn how a car handles, and corners. why? cause you have so much power, you could screw up royaly in a corner, and still have decent exit speeds. get a lower powered car, and learn how to drive, then, when, and more importantly, if, you feel your able to control a 450 hp car, then buy one. dont be a moron, 400 to the wheels is going to make you shit your pants.

·
Useless Member
717 Posts
I agree that you shouldn't learn how to drive on this car. Regardless of how careful you are and good you may think you are, shit does happen. The Supra is no joke. Buy a beater and learn on that. You'll get experience and save your money on insurance as well.

16 + Supra TT = :whip:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Its great that so many of the people on this forum are flaming this kid, who has the same passion for cars as you do, just because of his age. How about you either answer the question or just dont waste your time if you think that its not worth it. Why should his age determine how he handles his car. I have been driving since I was 13 and at 17 there are very few adults that I have seen who can handle a car better than me. My first car was a 380rwhp 300zx and it was never too much to handle. Many of the people on this forum get way to critical about the smallest things. As far as your question is concerned look on mkiv.com they have plenty of great info for everything about the free mods you are talking about. Sorry for the long post, had to vent.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
2jz Junkie said:
Its great that so many of the people on this forum are flaming this kid, who has the same passion for cars as you do, just because of his age. How about you either answer the question or just dont waste your time if you think that its not worth it. Why should his age determine how he handles his car. I have been driving since I was 13 and at 17 there are very few adults that I have seen who can handle a car better than me. My first car was a 380rwhp 300zx and it was never too much to handle. Many of the people on this forum get way to critical about the smallest things. As far as your question is concerned look on mkiv.com they have plenty of great info for everything about the free mods you are talking about. Sorry for the long post, had to vent.
We are mentioning his age but the problem is EXPERIENCE, something he doesn't have and something you don't have as much as you think you do.
You are pretty much the last person that can judge how good a driver you are with respect to the rest of us. I have yet to meet a 17-year-old male that didn't think he was a better driver than most anyone out there - and they are 99.9999999999% wrong.
BTW - if you are wondering why these warnings pop up so often, check out this story.
There are countless ones like it every day. Every one of those drivers thought they were better than they actually were.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
SuPrAs4EvEr said:
don't listen to him everyone has there own opinions, just be carefull and have fun. as for the mods, remove trac fuse and check out the tech section on mkiv.com
Better yet don't listen to ANY of this advice except about reading up a mkiv.com.
This is about like telling a 4-year-old to get a 357 Magnum, load it up with hollow-points, and go around waving it wildly, pulling the trigger whenever they feel like it.
Listen to people with experience, not those without.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm 20 and have been driving an mkiv-tt for almost a year now. I started "driving" when I was 13 and when I when I got my liscense I drove a beater (OLD probe gt) for a year. Then I got a porche 951 and drove that until I got the supra. When I got the supra I thought that it would be like the 951 (both rear wheel drive, fornt-engine, turbo cars) with more power. I was blown away by how different the cars are and how much more skill is needed to drive the supra. Anyone can "drive" a supra down the street and back no experience necesary, but to drive the car to its full potential without killing yourself will not happpen unless you have some real experience. After a year of driving, I still feel that I improve everyday. Clearly if you've never driven on the road, the last thing you will need is 400rwhp to get you around. Getting your liscence is fun as it is. If you get a supra as your first car, you wil not appreciate it, and the chances of you damaging it are huge. Also, these guys arent trying to flame you for no reason, they arent jelous and could care less if you got the car. What they don't want to see is another kid in a tree and 1 less supra out there for the rest of us!

Bottom line- Get a beater, save your money for the car and parts. Then get the supra in a few years when you at least wont destroy what you worked to get.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
2jz Junkie said:
I have been driving since I was 13 and at 17 there are very few adults that I have seen who can handle a car better than me.
Funny, I remember when I was 17, I used to think that I was better than all the adult drivers too.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First mod is grow some pubes, then come back when you've gone through puberty. In the meantime, the only place you should remotely consider driving a Supra is on your Playstation. Please stop littering these forums with wetdream fantasies.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.