Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been done several times, although i couldn't find any posts in the archives. Was wondering if there were any disadvantages or harm in doing this?

I pulled the back hose off the BOV (i'm sure it has a specific name), left the hole from the BOV open, and capped the hole going into the intake piping with a 3/4" water plug cap for a radiator system. Sounds pretty good, but of course not as loud as an aftermarket.

Every thing seems to be fine.

Later

·
Registered
849 Posts
All that you’re doing is venting to the environment. Performance will be the same, it will just sound louder. No harm in doing this.

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Nothing serious in the least.....plugs might foul a bit sooner, get a tad bit less mpg.

-Mike

Caughron said:
I'm sure this has been done several times, although i couldn't find any posts in the archives. Was wondering if there were any disadvantages or harm in doing this?

I pulled the back hose off the BOV (i'm sure it has a specific name), left the hole from the BOV open, and capped the hole going into the intake piping with a 3/4" water plug cap for a radiator system. Sounds pretty good, but of course not as loud as an aftermarket.

Every thing seems to be fine.

Later

·
3,148 Posts
The car may also stall (every once in a while) when coming to a stop if you don't have a S-AFC to compensate.

Later, Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts