Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my local supra freind, on here too as mc_h, just put in a lex afm with no fuel tuning and more base fuel pressure...

Before we get started i want to say that i do not agree with what hes doing, and ive had many arguements with im over this... but its his car so whatever...

Hes pretty much BPU, he had 11:1 afs at 15psi on the dyno, but only made 260 rwhp. He runs something like 20 psi sometimes and claims hes spiked to 29psi...

I called BS as i know lex afm wont let you boost that much, so he went out to prove it to me, low and behold 25psi without fco...

his safc reads afm signal 1200hz at 25psi... WTF? what is up with this car? i checked for any leaks afm - turbo, but there arent any?

If this is true does t that mean that he is running massively lean?

Ill tell you this though, hes been doing this for a while, and while i do make fun of him cuz i ROMPED him in my beater, and because hes running WAAAAAY out of efficiency, nothing has broken yet. Which leads me to beleive that the ct has way more potential than ppl say it does

Coles notes questions:
1) why is his afm signal so small at so much boost? For crying out loud my fcd has a lower fuel cut lol!

2)will 12:1 or so af's yeild him 40rwhp? (personally i say no, but he says yes)

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
as far as no fco......check the tps cause i never hit fuel cut and when playing around with my ebc i would spike to 18-20psi on accident...........without hitting fco....then when checking the engine one day i noticed my tps was half out...plugged it back in hit fuel cut the next time i drove.....scared the shit outta me cause i had never had it before lol.........

as far as the effieciency of the turbo...or potential....its been argued about forever as im sure you know. but theres a difference between quanity and quality of boost......sure im sure you can boost the ct to those numbers.....but that doesnt mean you are getting a true 29psi pull...know what i mean?

just my 2 psi :)

·
0 Posts
a

yup friend 87 T lex 550 walbro exhuast intake

20+ all day ripping stock ct 120k on motor

with fcd though although boost guage only goes up to 20 psi 5th gear feels pretty strong 20+0 psi.

And there is a difference in performance at 15psi and + 20psi. trust me i was in the car.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,152 Posts
Ok Ang my blurp..

I'm the one that did the work for him...

He has a 2.75 exhaust (came with car), cheepie cone filter, lexus afm, S-AFC and I punched his regulator down for 5 more base Psi of pressure.

Anyhow, I only recommended him to about 18 max psi on pump gas. Although 20 is fine on stock timing and ultra 94 with the weather so damn cold here in toronto.

Anyhow, he run's rich #1 because of all the extra pressure... As for low HZ the Lexus AFM reduces the hz seen at the same boost levels at the stock AFM because it allows 30% more unmetered air.

As for 29 PSI first we are removing 7% or more at points on the S-AFC which will raise fuel cut and there is a lexus afm which is good to about 20-22 psi on a stock turbo due to the little amounts of air it flows vs a upgraded turbo. This could explain the 29 PSI no boost cut...

But I assure you ang.. he is leaking boost... I don't care what he says that pulmbers rubber connector that holds the 3000 pipe to the TB is poped a leak somewhere. No way non reenforced rubber can hold that at only 3MM thick. Especially the way it's ghetto rigged...

I told him to go back to the dyno and tune 12:1 on 17 psi with the s-afc I wonder if he'll listen...

I don't believe he'll gain 40 RWHP from the 12:1.. But he may gain 5-10.. I'd say closer to 10.

I gained from 319 to 376 by doing a few fine adjustments on the emanage.. Like -25% from 4000 to 6500!

lol...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Eric, I intend on going back to the dyno to tune it to 12:1 but well, you know the whole job thing right now... ;)
The plumbers hose is holding up right now! I went to Cisco but they only had the silicone hose in 4ft lengths, so whatever..
BTW it's not like I run 20+psi and hold it - I am running 17-18psi hold and it'll spike to 20psi right now. But before and still from time to time, it WILL spike 24+(this explains all those split coupler hoses)

·
12,152 Posts
Go to JRP it's 30$ bucks.. but it's the best 30 you'll ever spend.

Nothing is worse then a boost leak... well.. maybe a engine knock... *knocks on wood*

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,999 Posts
One of the most valiant points I think I ever heard.

Q: How many miles are on your car?
A: About 140k.

Q: Have you ever had any problems with your turbo?
A: No.

Our CT-26 is bullet proof. But. Of course its out of efficiency.

·
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if he were leaking boost his hz would be higher and his fco would be lower, besides his car sounds pretty good and feels strong. I dont think hes got one, although it would explain the richness.

He said he hit 29psi before you guys did any tuning.

I still dont understand why he can get so much boost and not hit fco?

Fuel pressure wont do anything for fco until you run more fuel and pull some out.

I thought you were gonna run 24psi with xylene?? Lies, now the numbers gone down to 17psi lol...

I dont wanna give too much credit to the ct and stock stuff because the truth is, hes never held 20+ psi, just goes on short spurts, one highway pull at 20+ psi and im sure it will detonate ...

Ang

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ang, I *have* held 20psi before and no pinging whatsoever...I didn't do it for a long period of time, but this was when it was like -2C outside - Only did it once though
Anyways um, I'd post more but I have to go get that hose from JRP...blown 3 in half and this last one has popped off about 3-4 times :)

·
12,152 Posts
Ang depending on the boost leak and how bad it is will affect HZ.... I've had boost leaks I dind't even know I had. Also remember he doens't have the BOV hooked up to the accordian pipe so it's sucking air though that port which is more unmetered air.. Also we are REMOVING singal 7%

Are you talking about me running 24 psi? I do and have ran 24 with xylene... I just can't no since i'm leaking boost form the great unkown... Can you believe I redid my whole IC pipes 3 time and changed the stock IC but still can't find that bastard...

Hopefully the spearco will fix this along with all new pipes. :D

·
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not you running 24psi, mark running 24psi on stock ct...

When has is been -2 out since youve had your car??? wth are you talking about, the majority of your boosting was done in 20+ weather... Im not gonna argue your power levels or afs at 20+ psi. Dyno then tell me you werent detonating and making more power... Simple enough

Butt dyno says no more power from ct after 15psi in upper rpm, considering the stock induction system.

I was told you guys plugged tha hole, if you didnt that would account for a bit of unmeterd air getting sucked in.

your car will be downright dirty when you get that ic on, eric. Even i cant wait!

·
12,152 Posts
hahah... pluged with some electrical tape... mark i forgot while you're out go buy the plugs for the afm....

Yeah... I can't wait.. cold air + 3.5" of 1080 CFM intercooler flow + 27 PSI on xylene + timing control via emanage / mitsu ignitor will = one hell of a wake up call for the next car that wants to race :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts