Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
next inline...party of 6?
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some free time this Friday (15th) and was curious who might be down for doing something along the lines of an afternoon/evening cruise and BBQ. I was thinking of doing something like my beer can chicken or if enough people are interested, I can do a rotisserie/smoked standing rib roast with some other odds and ends. BBQ would be at my place in Sunnyvale. Lots of parking with good security. For the cruise part, I'd like to defer to the long time locals for best routes. I know you guys haven't experienced my BBQ yet, so here's a pic of one of my roasts for what it's worth:

and a fried turkey:

It'd be great if people brought other stuff to cook too; different cuts or whatever. Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Bully
5,318 Posts
I'd probably be down for this. Haven't seen you ****** locals in a while.

·
Oh Snaps
549 Posts
All that first picture makes me think of is 'MEAT' in Arroyo Grande and their delicious tri-tip with apricot bbq sauce sandwich....

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Santa Maria style bbq is where it's at. Just a little south of AG is Jocko's in Nipomo. Best steak I've ever had. I have to use oak chips in the smoker box to get that central coast flavor.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
we need to take a pic of the token white guy ;P will be in socal for 2 straight weekends for business ;-)

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I'm adding my chili to the mix. So us NA guys can feel some boost in our pants on Saturday.

·
Bully
5,318 Posts
I am thinking of picking up egg rolls for tomorrow. Sound good?

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Alright I'll be there +1 tomorrow. Anymore details like time and etc? I'll probably miss the cruise if you guys do one but I'm down to eat. Let me know if you need anything and I'll bring it. I'll be coming from work so I'll have a ton of spoons possibly and napkins lol.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Egg rolls are always welcome in my home! Lets say around 6pm for BBQ. I'll start the roast around 4. As far as the cruise, I think after the BBQ is best so we can accommodate for any late arrivals and see then how many people are down.

So I feel retarded now. Just bought the roast today and seasoned it up, then shortly after went to a Chavez Supermarket around the corner to pick up some cilantro, and there they had Harris Ranch ribeye roast for 3.29 a pound. Pissed.

Stage 1:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I get off work in Pleasanton around 8 tonight so I might not be able to make it. Where is the location?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts