Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was installing an air fuel gauge on a 94 auto tt, Hooked everything up corectly now it seems like im geting no power to the ecu. I had a spark when a friend turned the ignition on. I have checked all the fuses and done light tests on other sensors that will have 12+ igition power and they don't light up either. I have also used a wirebrush on the ecu grounds to the chassy. The engine will try to turn over but just will not go. Im very stumped here and would greatly apprciate any help for i only have today to get this thing up and running again.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
are you talking about a stock ecu? why were u even touching the ECU for an A/F guage?

in the case that you cut into the harness of the ecu, it is most likely that you tapped into the incorrect wire...

dome light has nothing to do with the ECU... it has its own circuit

be a little bit more specific as far as what you did... why you did it... and what the final resulting problem is, as well as anything else associated with the problem

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i spliced pin 48 for an o2 reading as per wiring digrams what we were doing was installling an air fuel gauge and doing the ettc mod at the same time becuase of the hassel of taking apart the dash. I spliced also the vsv black and red wires but i hooked them back up to test the air fuel gauge b4 the dash was put back togeather. and the car wouldn't turn over anymore. There was a slight spark when i rewired the vsvs to test the gauge b4 contuing onward with the ettc mod. I removed the ecu because if was very diffcult to get to the pin 48 wire unbolted it fron the bottom of the floorpan and unpluged it. Just boggles me why it will not crank over, i just know the ecu is not geting power at all by using a test light testing the vsv's with the ign on and it no longer lights up. Hope im not being to confusing

·
Silent
1,412 Posts
Where did the spark happen? At the ecu harness?

Do you know any local supras? Try their ECU first.

IMO, its a fuse. Somewhere. Or you pulled a ground wire from somewhere.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
First off you need to get a good wideband A/f system ,the stock O2 sensor will not work on our car for a acturate reading.
You need to make sure the ecu is plug in good and all the pins are push in all the way.You should check the #1 pin to see if it's broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts