Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend has a 97 TT that has an Apex Exhaust, Boost Controller, some HKS fuel part (so the boost controller will work with ODBII), a blow off valve and a K&N filter. His opponent is another friend with a '94 Corvette Coupe that I fixed up: K&N, 160 t stat, Hypertech Programing, no muffler or resonator (basically a straight pipe after the cats, it's too loud), modified MAF sensor, and some other cheap tricks I learned.

I know alot about Vettes because I have a '93 that will spank the two cars listed above:D. My friend with the '94 has to much pride after today's race and he even thinks he can beat my car:rolleyes:.

But the Supra is having major problems. The car is doing some 17 psi but cannot beat the Vette. I really want the Supra to beat my friend so he will be put in his place. I just need some information on how my friend should launch the car to get the best time. He is dumping the clutch a 5k which isn't doing any good for the tires, tranny, clutch etc. So I told him to stop until I get some info from the pros.

So I just wanted to know the lanuching technique, shifts points and whatever you can do to this car to beat the Vette.

One last question is how much horsepower does a boost controller give? It feels way quicker than before.

When we raced today the Vette beat the Supra by one car lenght. His Vette is an auto with 2.59 gears. Thanks.

·
One Fast Supra
560 Posts
Raysur said:
My friend has a 97 TT that has an Apex Exhaust, Boost Controller, some HKS fuel part (so the boost controller will work with ODBII), a blow off valve and a K&N filter. His opponent is another friend with a '94 Corvette Coupe that I fixed up: K&N, 160 t stat, Hypertech Programing, no muffler or resonator (basically a straight pipe after the cats, it's too loud), modified MAF sensor, and some other cheap tricks I learned.

I know alot about Vettes because I have a '93 that will spank the two cars listed above:D. My friend with the '94 has to much pride after today's race and he even thinks he can beat my car:rolleyes:.

But the Supra is having major problems. The car is doing some 17 psi but cannot beat the Vette. I really want the Supra to beat my friend so he will be put in his place. I just need some information on how my friend should launch the car to get the best time. He is dumping the clutch a 5k which isn't doing any good for the tires, tranny, clutch etc. So I told him to stop until I get some info from the pros.

So I just wanted to know the lanuching technique, shifts points and whatever you can do to this car to beat the Vette.

One last question is how much horsepower does a boost controller give? It feels way quicker than before.

When we raced today the Vette beat the Supra by one car lenght. His Vette is an auto with 2.59 gears. Thanks.

This depends if the car is at the track or street with street tires or drag radials. First scenerio is street tires:
-At the track, street tires 4500rpms and slip the clutch out.
-on the Street it would be the same but you will have to pump the gas after launching to keep the car off the rev limiter.
Drag radials:
-Launch at 5500-6000rpms and slip the clutch out.
-on The street launch it at 4500 rpms and it shouldn't spin much with the drag radials. Use BF Good rich because they are stickier when heated up.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the baby in 5th and forget about it :D

-FeFe Bags

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buy a vette. Just kidding

Automatic vettes are a [email protected]#$ to beat at the drag strip. They beat 6 spd vettes all the time if they've upped their rears to 3.42s

you can program in all the perfect shift points and take the human aspect out

I agree your friend needs to practice his launch and possibly upgrade his backend suspension to be stiffer

My best friend has a 93.5 Supra TT with only 30K miles on it. It is an awsome machine, but with BPU I can take him due to my low end grunt. On the highway, it would be a race though.

If he goes BPU+, I'll be doing a head and cam job to keep up.

Wish I had a supra to play with

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigDvette said:
Wish I had a supra to play with
I can tell you that both of them sure do look nice together in the garage. :D

-Tuan

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Raysur,

Your friend needs to get his Supra TT checked out...and quick. At full BPU (which sounds to be what he has) and 17 psi, his car should easily beat the other friends Vette. Can you post some times for reference though? Perhaps the Vette is far quicker than your quick rundown of mods suggest. Based on what you're telling me, the Supra should be able to easily run down the Vette (especially in the second 1/8 mile). ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts