Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the ferret wisperer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over on another supra forum I was banned for speaking my mind when a moderator went over and above the call of duty stalking my posts and deleting ONTOPIC posts. When I attempted to resolve the issue IN PRIVATE with him he took what I wrote there and made it public, then banned me before I could defend myself.

Sooooo...Im writing this post to actually ask a question here. I read the rules of this forum and while they seem strict they also seem reasonable. I consider myself a helpful member of the community and will go out of my way to answer others questions, and do my best to act civil to others. But I have read some posts on here that get pretty heated and wondered what the Moderators thought of those posts.

I dont want to start trouble...I actually want to just find some clarification as to what in the past has constituted a bannable offence, so I can avoid that situation.

any advice?

·
the ferret wisperer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
suprasmakemesmile said:
for one don't make posts like the one you just did

I dont see how I can get any understanding if I dont...maybe I should edit the post to leave off the name of the offending site? ok will do

·
the ferret wisperer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, wasnt this site, I was just wondering what other peoples experience has been here. The site this happened on is no longer on my list of sites to visit. The other site was a tad newbish, and to be quite honest I posted there because I felt I could help others...whereas this site tends to be more well informed and I feel I will be the one asking for help here.

anyways, I was kinda just blowing off steam, and Im over it now....so feel free to let this thread die

·
Registered
322 Posts
You dont really have to worry about mod's here, they're pretty reasonable, you gotta watch out for the "panties are too tight" members

Ones that blow things way out of proportion, take offence of certain things that shouldnt be taken offence of.....or assume the worst in what you say, when you mean something totally different. When really the problem is how they negatively perceived what you said instead of looking at it in a different light.

Personally id rather deal with keyboard toughguys trying to pump up there Int3rn3t muscles, rather then the above ^^

have fun! :ugh2:

·
the ferret wisperer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To4r-Supra said:
You dont really have to worry about mod's here, they're pretty reasonable, you gotta watch out for the "panties are too tight" members

Ones that blow things way out of proportion, take offence of certain things that shouldnt be taken offence of.....or assume the worst in what you say, when you mean something totally different. When really the problem is how they negatively perceived what you said instead of looking at it in a different light.

Well thats specifically what I had a problem with...the only problem was it was a moderator who freaked out on me...I swear...do I have to put :) :) :) after every post so that people can see that I posted with a smile on my face?

I guess so... :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
sometimes you will run into that every once in a while on bad forums....a jackass mod on a power trip. Trust me, you don't want to be on that site anyway. Luckly you were banned and didn't have to face further dumbass remarks and stupid threads of people starting stuff with you. I have been pretty lucky to have been on supraforums which is a nice community also nasioc is pretty good in most sections. Although in some sections people are just plain dumb recently.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
You won't have a problem here if you can refrain from posts like this one.

Read this

http://supraforums.com/forum/announcement.php?f=4

Just remember when you start calling the people names who run the forums, these are privately owned forums. A business. Rules will be enforced which may seem unfair or whatever, but someone has a financial burden to carry on this and every site and runs it like they see fit.

Have fun. This is a very good site for information and sharing technical issues and solutions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.