Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,just As The Title States. I Was Going To Let (Ride Revolution ) Build My Engine And Car Because It Once Was There Shop Car But Under Certain Details That Are Too Long To discuss. I Have Decided To Let (Titan Motorsports) Have A Chance At It. I Trailered The Car Down This Weekend. I Cant Wait To Get It Back Because It Has Been Down For A While. I Just Wanted To Share This Good News To My Fellow (Supraforum) Members :) . When I Get It Back, I'll Post Some Pics Of The Car.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Any Details On Why You Decided To Take It To Titan? I've Heard Nothing Bad About RR.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts

·
King of 14" wheels
125 Posts
You must plan on spending alot of coin, Titan does not really build customer cars anymore - you must plan on doing something crazy. We need pics and status up dates.

·
Registered
629 Posts
do tell........

Chris-6MGTE said:
You must plan on spending alot of coin, Titan does not really build customer cars anymore - you must plan on doing something crazy. We need pics and status up dates.

·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim Swantko said:
Any Details On Why You Decided To Take It To Titan? I've Heard Nothing Bad About RR.
Well,I can't tell the whole story because it would take ALOT of space (as if this one didnt lol) but I'll give you some details Jim. I have dealt with RR since they had that little building in Bristol TN,so I have dealt with them alot and actually two of the guys there are good friends of mine and I just want to say that the owner (Susan) is a very nice person. I just wanted you guys to know that I not just hating on RR. The company could be awesome. I mean RR spent 1 to 2 million on building that place. It is awesome to see. The problem with RR is the Workers there.( I think they need to hire better qualified people to work on customers cars.)Around these parts where i live,there are alot of people that dont like RR because of past dealings with them.I dont wont to really give out examples because thats how rumors are started.I will give you a few examples of my dealings with RR and Why I took my car to Titan Motorsports.Today is actually the anniversary of the date that i bought my car from RR.I have (Never)driven this car.They were supposed to build the car but it was just a runaround with them. The guy that was going to build the car left RR and to be honest....I didnt know if he could have done it but he was one of my friends and i was going to give him a chance.The thing that pushed me over the edge was when they called me and told me that my car had been broken into at there shop and some windows were broken out and things were stolen. My heart skipped a beat when i heard that. I came by there that same week and told them that i didnt wont them to work on my car anymore.At least They were nice about everything and thats why I took my car to Titan. I think They can work on Hondas and American cars pretty good ,but i think they are lacking experince when it comes to more tecnological cars like Supras,Evos,and such. Alot of people have gotten fired there these past months and i think that she is trying to put RR back together because she doesnt wont RR to have a bad name.I will have to say that Chris Thompson is a standup guy. He has done everything in his power to help me.I will continue to deal with RR because of Chris Thompson. I wont have anything built there but if i have something small then i'll let RR do it.They just got a new tuner(Scott) which in RR words,worked at (Signal ). Time will tell if he is good or not.I hope Susan can turn RR into the shop that it should have been in the first place. Good luck Ride Revolution but my loyality is with Titan Motorsports now. :)

·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris-6MGTE said:
Nothing too crazy this year with the car but next year is a different question.I like alittle overkill just in case i decide to go bigger. The car will see alot of highway miles(aka Runs...wink,wink)this year because it will be my weekend terrior and next year I will probably do more dragracing.With the way that Titan is building the car.....I think that I would only get a few runs in if i can keep it from spinning before i got kick off the track for not having enough safety stuff :sadwavey: I just took the car to Titan last weekend and put it in there garage with a little help from Wes (onelove).They told me that they would start on it after the 16th or so.I cant wait to get it back and actually drive the dang thing. I will post some pics when it gets done.

·
YA U LOSE ASSHAT
39 Posts
Yeah i would have let that push me over the edge too..............leaving your car parked somewhere(for how many months did they store it inside a fenced in lot) that u were not going to let work on it cause in your words (i think they are lacking experince when it comes to more tecnological cars like Supras,Evos,and such.)............................wow and u were sold the car for HOW CHEAP....guess u didnt feel like passing the love back the other way..............Titan will do u a good job none the less....but just remember we BUILT ONE OF THE NICEIST SUPRAS IN THIS COUNTRY..it was one of the top 20 IMO......to bad the stock transmission that Scranton had rebuilt for it didnt hold up......everything but the tranny was done in house..and that supra was put together at the old shop with a PHR engine(since at that time it was easier to get the motor already done),It made 800whp at 28psi till the motor spun a rod bearing

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Chris-6MGTE said:
Titan does build customer cars.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Ok.

So the point of this was to let eveyone know you sent you car to titan to pay a LOT of money for a motor?

There is no reason to bring rides into the converstaion, Yes your car got broken into as did others. But you make it sound like your car was just left out side. The car was behind a 10 foot tall fence with bobwire and security cameras running. Also how long did your car set there before it was broken into? I would think if you had the money to pay titan ( they require a nice deposit before they start the work) then you could have paid rides and the car would have been inside being fixed.

Yes they have / had a bad trac record with supras, They built two one died, also the one that died was tuned by matt scrantions guys at the old shop and spun the rod with him driving, so do you want to blame the Matts' guys, or rides, or power house becuase they built the motor, or do you want to blame the actual part that faild.

Once you get a supra that runs and you dont kill your self in it you will learn that these cars just dont brake for no reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts