Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From stock. To now. Lexus SC300 build. Slow build. Lots of pics

Starting from the beginning:
Bought a completly stock 1JZGTE swaped 93 SC300. Still has AC and power steering. Automatic sadly but still fun. Ill start with the pictures. Excuse the poor quality for its my camera phone cause I never have a camera when I work on my car.

MORE PICS DOWN \|/

First Bath

See stock

Picked up a set of wheels. They are G35 forged 19's. New Z rated 245/35/19 Rear tires . 225/35/19 Front tires. $600

Got new sunshade :)

New exhaust. Stock down pipe. 3 inch down pipe back through 3 inch high flow resinator. To a 3 inch Y pipe. To 2.5 inch dual pipes to the back with 3 inch tips. Sounds really good. I get complemented all the time on the sound. Nice deep tone. And definately spools a little faster.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Dyno'd Stock on 10 psi with 3 inch exhaust. 256whp 246wtq

Well found a dude that was IMO retarded that was selling a universal front mount intercooler for $220. It has 7 3 inch 90* bends, 2 2 foot straight 3 inch pipes, about 16 t bolt clamps, 8 blue 3 ply 3 inch couplers, and the beast of an intercooler that is 28 inches long and 5 inches thick with 3 inch inlets. All aluminum pipes with lips on the end of each pipe. He drove the kit 2 and a half hours to me for $220. Started installing right away. Ill let the pics talk.

Started bumper removal. Too many unnecessary bolts and clips.

Just another comparison

Mocking up the mounts for it

Mounted

Started mocking up pipes.
Tacked in place to be welded. Tig obviously. Notice how short and smooth it is and pretty much no chance of a boost leak.

Both pipes fabbed up and ready. Again they are a really short route and only use 4 couplers throughout the intercooler system so limted to boost leaks.

Both pipes in, Had to relocate battery to trunk. looks good though

Bumper back on and finished. Thinking about cutting the cross section in the middle. But i like how sleek it is and kind of sleeper like

Turbo's are a lot louder now and seem to spool quicker.

Other small thing installed just dont have pictures of are:
~Power Acoustic touch screen double din headunit. DVD. ipod. tv outputs.
~Turbo XS MBC still on WG pressure(10psi) for now though

So for now thats pretty much it. Bare with me. Dont have too much money to spend but i think im at a good start. More updates as more mods added.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yeah its getting lowered but its getting repainted the stock red color again next week first to clean it up and the wheels powdercoated black chrome. tint coming after that. Collecting parts to go single turbo now. Goin with a 35r on a single manifold with a HKS 44mm external WG. withinn the month too. Stay tuned

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Im curious where in the world is the gas tank on this car? All I see in the rear is a spare tire spot

· Registered
4,619 Posts
nice... dont install the MBC its only asking to kill the stock ceramic turbo's. with intake/ exhaust and front mount i was sitting at a solid 14psi without a boost controler.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice... dont install the MBC its only asking to kill the stock ceramic turbo's. with intake/ exhaust and front mount i was sitting at a solid 14psi without a boost controler.
yeah ive had it in just never turned it up its been on WG pressure but yeah with the front mount and exhaust it sits right at 13psi

· Ninja Engineer!
716 Posts
Nice build!! I like it a lot.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks you.
i have people walking up to me now complimenting me on my car all the time on how the exhaust sounds and how hard it pulls. lol im used to it and ride in way faster cars so its funny to me.
but for being pretty much stock i ran door to door (or fairing w/e lol) with a 06-07 gixxer 750 from a 15mph roll till i hit speed cut at 115mph so i felt pretty good. just waiting and collecting parts to go single turbo now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.