Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got a bumper painted on my Toyota Corolla and the bumper was stuck inside the car. The headrest was sitting underneath the bumper (towards the middle) so now it has a little lump where the lower lip of the bumper is.

It's kinda annoying because it sticks up. I wouldn't have minded if it was sticking down.

Anywho, is there a way to heat it up and bend it back to its normal state?

Here is a diagram to illustrate the issue that I am having:

If anyone has any input, that'd be great!

Thanks,

OdyOwnage

· Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heat should do the trick, but IIRC,all Corollas have some bars in the lower center section of the bumper,did you cut them out?
Yo!

Actually, there are no bars under this one. It's a 2001 if that makes a difference. Shall I use a heat gun or a hair dryer will suffice?

I shouldn't heat the paint up all the way though right? I mean it's fresh paint...

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
there should be 4 vertical bars in that opening to help keep the bumper more rigid

you can try using hair dryer,it may be enough,heat it up from the back side and keep checking the outer surface ,when it gets hot,not warm, but hot,grab a waterhouse ,push the bumper in desired position,keep pushig about 1/2-3/4 of an inch further than it's normal shape and hose cold water on that area while holding,

· Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you're correct. There are those bars but they are plastic and not only that unfortunately it is RIGHT BETWEEN the two center bars! GAH!

I thought you were referring to METAL bars or something of that sort.

I'll take a snip it of it later.

· Registered
3,578 Posts
you can try using hair dryer,it may be enough,heat it up from the back side and keep checking the outer surface ,when it gets hot,not warm, but hot,grab a waterhouse ,push the bumper in desired position,keep pushig about 1/2-3/4 of an inch further than it's normal shape and hose cold water on that area while holding,

Ditto .....you'll be surprised what a hairdryer can do for a bumper :D
And based on your story, yours should "pop" right out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.